Hi!

Options
Today is my first day here. So far for today, didn't do very well with what I"m eatting, but tom. will be better. Would apreciate any advice, lol, on what is good and easy to eat at restaurants. Because well, I"m currently on an extended buisness trip...I will be living in a hotel for another month, already been in one for 2.

Replies

• blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    welcome!!
  • mram81
    mram81 Posts: 15
    Options
    Welcome! I always try to find a hotel with a fridge so that I can bring my own stuff. It is cheaper and easier to count cals that way.
    If they have the complimentary breakfast, try to fill up on the fruits and veggies in the morning so that you eat less when you actually have to go out to eat. Try ordering half orders at the restaurant instead of full size. Most places will do this for you. This saves on money and to-go boxes that you will just scarf down when you are bored and stuck in the hotel watching bad movies late at night! Good Luck!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    There are some places that the only thing you can eat is a salad because they don't post their nutritional data. It is hard too because any food in restaurants is SO full of sodium! If you could get grilled or baked chicken breast and steamed veggies, that would be a safe choice. If you post what you are looking for in the title of your post, you may get more people that are in the same boat and would have good ideas. Welcome! :happy:
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome! That is hard! I would say don't be afraid to ask to change something on what you are ordering. Order it how you want it. Do you have a frig to use? Go to the store and buy some fresh fruit. You can try looking up the restaurant to and see if they have nutritional information then just pick the healthiest thing on the menu. And use the hotels gym if they have one. It might not be the best conditions to start on you road to healthy eating but you can make changing and go from there until you get home where you have a little bit more control.