Discouraged

Options
2»

Replies

• Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

Read the above thread and you will learn a lot. Weigh yourself in the morning, before eating and after you went to the bathroom, and without clothes, and track the fluctuations. You will realize how your body retains water based on sodium, level of exercise you did the previous days, etc. Do not be discouraged and eat better, do not starve yourself because it will contribute to want to give up. Remember, for successful maintenance this need to be a lifestyle change.
  • Seanb_us
    Seanb_us Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    A 6lb gain isn't much, IMHO.

1) Has your body shape changed? In other words, are you seeing positive results when you look in the mirror versus on the scale?
    2) Are you really being honest with tracking what you eat? Perhaps this is a portion issue?
    3) Lots of folks on here insist you eat your exercise calories and talk about the body going into starvation mode when you don't eat enough--I'm rather skeptical of that because I cannot imagine starvation mode happening if you are actually eating and moving food on a regular basis.So, it really does not make sense to me when people say "eat more to lose weight." But, if you are stuck, you might read up on that theory and try it. (I find if I eat more I ... weigh more as a result. :) )

Sean
  • NHoughton13
    NHoughton13 Posts: 303
    Options
    I'm not going to lecture on eating more, even though that is what it sounds like you should do.

But I did want to mention that if a woman looks at you in disgust, she's not worth wanting anyway. There are women out there that want all kinds of guys. My husband is a bigger guy and it doesn't bother me in the least. I love my big teddy bear :blushing:

That being said, I know what you mean. I'm a hypocrite because I'm trying to change my lifestyle not just for health reasons, but I wanna be hot damnit!!!! LOL, good luck!
  • mistadj
    mistadj Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Take a break...your body needs it. Take a few days away from the gym and clear your head....then come back strong