Your BMI %

Options

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    It's not a %. It's a ratio of weight to height, so it's incorrect to call it a percentage.

Plus that confuses people with Body Fat %.
  • guidedbystarlight
    Options
    My starting bmi was 22.8 in January. As of today it's 21.4. I'm down 9 pounds and my ultimate goal is to have a bmi of 19.
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I went from 42.7 to 38.4 . I've lost 10% of my body weight and am off cholesterol meds!
  • buffcleb
    buffcleb Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    38.1 to 26.3... almost out of the over weight category... never thought I would do it...
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I go by my body fat % not BMI.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    starting BMI = 39.6
    current BMI = 21.3

WHOOP WHOOP :happy:
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I agree that the body fat percentage is a much more accurate number. My BMI is 25.1, which is in the overweight range, but my body fat is currently at 17.8%, which is in the healthy range for me. That's down a lot from the 35% body fat I started with.
  • wildchild06241
    wildchild06241 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    How do I find my original?
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    My current BMI is 28.7. When I started it was 51.4. I'm thrilled to be just "overweight" right now instead of morbidly obese. I still have my eye on the prize to have a normal BMI!
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I've gone from 44% to 40%. Still a long way to go but I knew that. I'm actually quite pleased to see it's already down 4%
  • snowbike
    snowbike Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Originally 35
    Now 23.1
    Lowest (mid summer Last year) 22.
    Hope to be back at that by july, but with more muscle and less fat.
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    32.8 to 26.6 since early Jan. BMI is pretty inaccurate, but it is nice to see it go down.
    This

Its only really inaccurate in people who have lots of lean muscle mass or are quite tall, saying it is inaccurate in general isn't right. Personally I think it is more of a guideline, but you have to make judgement calls based on the person.

but back to topic - starting BMI : 39, current is 28.1 - my original goal was a 25 BMI but I think I have built too much muscle mass over the last 2 years for that now.
  • pinupkitt3n
    Options
    It's not a %. It's a ratio of weight to height, so it's incorrect to call it a percentage.

Plus that confuses people with Body Fat %.

Oops, sorry. I thought it was a percentage. New to all this. Thanks for the clarification.
  • residentjc
    residentjc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    currently at 29.5 goal is to be in the 16-18 range. ill post an update in a few.
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    From 29.3 to 23.4 :happy:
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Resident why is your goal so low? Are you sure you don't mean body fat %?
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    January 2013- Weight 170lbs Height 5'2.5" BMI 30.6 or 31.0
    March 2013- Weight 144.2lbs Height 5'2.5" BMI 26.0

:bigsmile:
  • carmieg3
    carmieg3 Posts: 36
    Options
    I started on MFP Dec 4th 2012, BMI 30.6-- OBESE, Today my BMI is 25-- Normal weight!!
    YAY
  • pongo609
    pongo609 Posts: 9
    Options
    Beginning of Dec 12 I was 51 now I am 44.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm right where I want to be - been on maintenance for a couple of years.

Current BMI = 20.1
    Body fat (measured @ doctor's) = 23%
    Ht. 5'7" Wt. 130
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!