Garden humor

Options
DeeDeeLHF
DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
Getting ready to plant my garden and received this one...thought it was funny! D

An old Italian lived alone in New Jersey . He wanted to plant his annual tomato garden, but it was very difficult work, as the ground was hard.
His only son, Vincent, who used to help him, was in prison. The old man wrote a letter to his son and described his predicament:

Dear Vincent,
I am feeling pretty sad, because it looks like I won't be able to plant my tomato garden this year. I'm just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot.. I know if you were here my troubles would be over.. I know you would be happy to dig the plot for me, like in the old days.
Love, Papa

A few days later he received a letter from his son.

Dear Pop,
Don't dig up that garden. That's where the bodies are buried.
Love,
Vinnie

At 4 a.m. the next morning, FBI agents and local police arrived and dug up the entire area without finding any bodies. They apologized to the old man and left.

That same day the old man received another letter from his son.

Dear Pop,
Go ahead and plant the tomatoes now. That's the best I could do under the circumstances.
Love you,
Vinnie

Replies

• kait17b
    kait17b Posts: 8
    Options
    hahaha that's a good one! made even better by the fact that I spent my afternoon gardening
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    LOL I need to get out there and start working on my garden. I don't think I'm going to plant as much this year but I guess we will see. The last two year I have only gotten green beans. But I want to make sauce and salsa and can them.

What do you plant in your garden?
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    That was a funny one....
  • Nharley
    Nharley Posts: 201
    Options
    That was great! I will have to pass it along!
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Enjoyed that one especially after I planted my tomatoes!:flowerforyou:
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Hahaha, nice one!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I plant a veggie garden every year. During the summer I usualy don't have to buy much fruit or veggies. I have a pear tree, apple, apricot, plum, lemon, blood orange and grapefruit trees I also have grapes. Veggies I plant corn, cilantro, bell peppers, strawberries, lettuce, carrots, green beans, peas, lemon cucumbers, reg cucumbers,squash, watermelon, and cantalope can't remember what else but the neighbors love it too. They also plant veggies and have an array of fruit trees so we share. Love it, we save a lot of money over the summer. Also have a banana it only got 1 bunch and then we got a freeze, so I still buy bananas.
  • odatcindy
    odatcindy Posts: 641
    Options
    DD - you are good. That's one way to get the work done.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Thanks - I needed a laugh!!!
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    Teehee... I was looking for posts on gardens and found this. LOVE it. :laugh: