replacing calories after exercise

Options
sw337y
sw337y Posts: 8 Member
i've started doing regular exercise lately and trying to keep to 1650 calories daily 1800 at the very most. gets bit confusing counting calories etc. should i be replacing burned calories? for example i consumed an average of 400 calories then went on my bike did 10 miles burning an average of 750 cals. my question is since i'm trying to keep to 1650 cals per day and after already consuming 400 does that mean i still have only 1250 left to consume today or do i have to replace the 750 cals from my bike ride and still having 1250 left over so a total of 2000 ? any feedback would be welcome thanks

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    If you are aiming for 1650 you'd be eaing 1650 + 750 so a total of 2400...leaving you 2000 after your 400 calorie meal.
  • tamtamsmom
    tamtamsmom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have the same question--so will I still lose weight if I eat all the EXTRA calories that I earned? I was on a weight loss challenge and I didn't eat the extra calories. is that the reason that I didn't lose that much weight?
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    there are many factors that determine rate of weight loss. If you set up MFP to lose say 1 pound per week then the deficit is built in without exercise--so any calories "earned" you'd eat in addition to your normal daily pre-exercise calorie target.
  • sw337y
    sw337y Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    thanks. even noticed the MFP app puts them back on for you but wasnt sure. thanks again