Weight Loss Challenge For People Over 200lbs

Options

Replies

• clau3260
    clau3260 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I probably won't make it under 200 because I am not that close, but that does not mean I won't keep on trying :)
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Today's weigh in: 217.5

Gotta quit the wine drinking if I wanna reach my goal.:grumble:
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    ChildrenCryinNCoffee Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! My name is Tricia, I'm 28 years old, married, mother of 4. I weigh 235 lbs and my first goal is get to 200 lbs. Feel free to add me, anyone! On here and/or Facebook--I need motivation on both LOL (https://www.facebook.com/TriciaFernandezRathgeber)
  • RevCO30
    RevCO30 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    <=====I am in...216 currently. I do a combo of cardio dvds and strength training dvds. Is there a group I need sign up with?
  • wozniaks
    wozniaks Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am 219 and my goal is to be under 200 as well
  • psv1012
    psv1012 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I started 8 months ago at 272 now I am 225, I am pretty sure it will take me more than 2 months to get under 200,but I would love to get that much closer ! Count me in.
  • LisaLbsOff
    Options
    I'm in.. Feel free to add me anyone (started again today) got no friends and would like people who have the same goals :)
  • motivatedbecky80
    motivatedbecky80 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I don't think I will make it to under 200. Im just doing cardio at the moment, but would love to start lifting some weights.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I am currently 218 and would love to join in the challenge. I don't think I'll see Onderland in the next two months but it would be nice to have some friends with similar weight challenges! I recently started a C25K program, and OMG... I'm going to have to repeat week 1 for a month but I don't care, I'm going to do it anyways! I'm doing Atkins, so haters going to hate, hopefully we can make this about support and not cult nutrition :p Keep that in mind if you're peeking at my diary :)
  • lisasdoinit
    lisasdoinit Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!

Is there a way to get us all together somewhere - does anyone know how to create a group lol? I'm worried I'll lose this thread, and I'd so love to be able to talk with people who understand how much it can hurt to work out. Not in that good ooo feel those muscles ache way - in that ok my back/ hips/ knees are really pissed at me way lol!!

43 years old, 222lbs as of yesterday morning. After years of "doing it all" w.w., jenny, curves, bootcamps (ruptured disk anyone?) my metabolism and body are some big ole mess!! I have found some peace with the concept of "eating more to weigh less" though!! Just finished a 6 week "reset" - the minimum you do to reset your metabolism..and lost 2lbs! Eating 2100-2250 calories a day!! Working out 1 hour a day and really putting in an effort to be more active. I did nothing different this week, then I did three weeks ago - it just took my body this long to trust me not to deprive it again lol!

Sure I lost weight in the past eating 1200 or 1500 calories and working out 2hrs + a day..but i was cranky, antisocial (who can eat out on 1200 calories a day?!) and ate all the no-fat, nothing natural about it foods lol! And I always had "cheat days" "cheat moments' "cheat weekends"..then gave up.

Sure, I've only lost 2lbs in the last 6 weeks. But omg do I feel awesome!! My energy is up, my skin is glowing, even my thin hair is thickening up and not coming out in clumps in the shower!!

So that's me! Please feel free to add me up as a friend, and if someone knows how/ wants to create a group I'd love to be a member (and i promise not all my threads will be this long lol!). Thank you SO much for staring it!

xo
  • I3ernadette
    I3ernadette Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey. While there's not a chance I'll get under 200 in two months (that's actually my goal weight) I'd love some backup! I've gone from 283 to 248 in the last two months, started up C25K (though ohmyGOD my calves hurt the first few days) and do some basic weights and body work. I love, love, love having people's accomplishments show up on my wall; it's like motivational candy!
  • mariah30
    mariah30 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am at 217, Count me in. My birthday is in 8wks. I challenged myself to lose 20 pounds by than. Not sure what my "reward" will be yet.. any suggestions?? lol
    We can do it!!!
  • jiveguilla
    Options
    I started about 345. I'm now down to 315 as of today! I can't wait to pull out my container of my skinny clothes again!
  • sjcorp
    sjcorp Posts: 7
    Options
    Count me in! I started at 223 a couple of weeks ago. I lost just under a pound. It's not great, but it is in the right direction. :smile:
  • SarahElizabeth1981
    SarahElizabeth1981 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in! I am at 217 right now and have been hovering between 210 and 220 for about 6 months. I recently started using MFP again, and I'm determined to finally get below 200! My heaviest was 310. I feel like I've been wasting time and ready to buckle down and start losing again!
  • BandB1979
    BandB1979 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! Also add me if you want (anyone really).

My heaviest was 240 just two months ago and now I am down to 222. I am certainly looking forward to being under 200 again!!
  • OdiEtAmo79
    OdiEtAmo79 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I doubt I can get under 200 that quickly but I'll give it one heck of a try!
  • MsAnn07
    MsAnn07 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I can lose almost 50 lbs in 2 months but I love a challenge..and desperately need it. Anyone on this thread please feel free to add me. I need friends who are going to tell me the good, the bad and the ugly if needed!
  • Shauna_1985
    Options
    Count me in!!!!!
  • wozniaks
    wozniaks Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Same would love to join add me as a friend