TDEE help with built in cheat day

Options
I know how to calculate TDEE - 20%, however my dilemma is every Saturday night I have a cheat meal. These can range from 1,000 - 3,000 calories.

I do not want to give up my cheat meals. I still lose weight most weeks so I am satisfied.

Is there a way to figure out how many calories a day I should be eating with a cheat meal baked in one of those days?

Stats: 28 years old, 5'3, CW: 122.8lbs, GW: 110lbs, mostly sedentary while not at the gym but go to the gym 3-5 days a week for 1.5 hours

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options
    Well, if what you've been doing works, keep it up.

Adjust when you hit a snag.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    If you have been adding this in every week and are still losing, I wouldn't touch a thing.

That said, if you want a quicker weight loss take it out for 3-4 weeks and see if that pushes it over...my guess would be it won't.

You're already on the low end of the scale and aren't looking to lose all that much more so it is definitely going to take longer.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Tough question. I think there is one way, but honestly if you are losing with your currentmethod...I would keep on keeping on and leave be. Your goal weight is right in your sights.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Try to plan your cheat meals a week ahead. If you know you're going to eat 1200 calories above your goal for your cheat meal, stay 200 below on the other six days that week.