3 Days into MyFitnessPal and LOVING it!

Options
Hello, Folks!

I am so happy to have stumbled upon the MyFitnessPal app via my iTouch over the weekend. I have had an extra 20 - 25 pounds for 10+ years now for no good reason. This tool is keeping me HONEST! My goodness . . . what a relief to stop lying to myself about the junk I thoughtlessly used to put in my mouth.

Look out . . . I am SERIOUS about getting fit in time for summer and before I hit the big 4-0 in March 2011.

Good luck to all of you as well!!

Kris :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • kris327
    kris327 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks, Laura! WOW! Look at you go!!! 47 pounds! Good for you!!! And thanks for the warm welcome. :)
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Hi

Hope you are getting ready to concur the world on this site. I will tell you with some strong determination and the will to succeed you will go far. I have done well by logging all my food. It helps to do it before you eat it (you will be surprise how many calories are in things) I check,check and recheck the calorie content because they are not always accurate on the site. I am not a big exercise person (very hard to fit it in most days) . I work out abit with my WII (too much fun) I started by calorie level at 1200 but after a few weeks I discovered that it was far to low so I brought it up to 1430 and I lose 1 pound a week almost like clockwork. I hit the wall a couple times and did not lose for the week then the following week it got its MoJo back and off it came. I can tell you that I do budget for a treat ( I love Yoplait delights chocolate raspberry) There is a really good web site hungry girl.com tons of recipes for some yummy food (one of my favs is chicken cordon blu ) I really began to have more energy at about 20 pounds off. It is funny because the body changes slowly but its cool to discover all the new things that you have (or to be more exact the things you don’t have) like one less roll on your tummy or hey I forgot I have dimples in my cheeks :bigsmile: Again you can do it just hang in there an be patient.
    Pam :flowerforyou:
  • RhondaCrombie
    Options
    So glad that you are enjoying it! I am loving it, too! :happy:
  • mmrose00
    mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! You are not only going to LOVE it here, you are going to addicted :-)! The support here is AMAZING!!!

Cheers to your success :drinker: , you can certainly achieve your goals!
  • Beleau
    Beleau Posts: 143
    Options
    Hello Kris,

I know the feeling about the excitement of joining such a great site...the thing that can be accomplished is definitely possible...

To a long and healthy journey
  • kris327
    kris327 Posts: 6
    Options
    Wow! You all are wonderful. Thank you for the encouragement and terrific advice!! I look forward to having a fancy bar with a big number on it sometime soon. Have a fantastic day!!

Kris