Here comes another noob

Options
Hey there guys and gals, my name is Chris, I'm a month away from being 30 and I live just outside Little Rock, Arkansas. I'm happily married with two beautiful baby girls (one is 2, the other is four months). I'm here because I weigh 202 pounds, which is the heaviest I've ever been, and I'd like to trim down to about 170. I'm 6'0", so 200ish isn't too unhealthy for me, but most of it is big fat unsightly beer gut (I can't help it. I like to drink beer socially and when I watch football. And I like beer that actually has, y'know, taste, so I can't drink the lite crap) that I'd like to replace with something that resembles abs. I'm a full-time student which means I only work part-time which means time and money for the gym don't come easy, so I need to do this by eating smart, exercising when I can, and having a good support group around me. My wife is also trying to drop her baby weight but I'm here because the more people I have to hold me accountable, the better I'll do. I'm hoping to make some new friends and help support others as we all try to reach our goals.

Good luck everyone!

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Hey Chris :drinker:
    Welcome to MFP, you've definitely come to the right place to get healthy and find lots of motivation:wink:

Becca:flowerforyou:
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My husband has a beer gut too! LOL I'm still trying to get him to get on here.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Come on in! The folks are fine. You will find friends and support here.

See you out there...
  • RhondaCrombie
    Options
    Hi there! Nice to meet you. Good luck on your journey. :happy:
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Hello and welcome. You are among the greatest group of people out there! Good luck and visit anytime!