Ditch the scale, really!!

Options
2»

Replies

• HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    thanks for the comments and I'm glad it's helped some of you.

Interestingly, before I put those photos together, I was thinking I'd like to lose the same amount again that I've already lost (28 pounds...or 25 if you count my recent gain!)
    I'm not so sure this is my goal anymore.
    In fact, it's made me start reconsidering my whole outlook.
    If I'm not interested in what the scale says, maybe I don't need to be calorie counting anymore? Maybe I should just try eating healthily and stick with one of some of the small treats that I know are under 200 calories. I could check that I'm not going wrong with my tape measure since I take regular measurements with it.

It sure would save alot of time if I wasn't tracking calories, but I'm just not sure I'm brave enough to not track them, or even if there are any cons that outweigh the pros.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I agree, in general.

In the end it really just matters how you feel.I like to track my weight to see how different eating or exercising effects my body though.
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    Agree. Measuring is more important than the scale for progress.
  • Jesslins
    Jesslins Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for posting this! I have been getting upset and beating myself up because I've been working my *kitten* off and the scale is stuck! I can't get it down! Been trying for 2 weeks and I workout EVERY night! and Eating right! Last night it said I gained 4 pounds! I wanted to give up and leave the gym and cry!! haha. But I stuck with my workout. Its depressing! But this just made my day! Thanks for the motivation! I needed it!! : )
  • HappilyLifts
    Options
    I think you look a slight bit smaller in the ones now weighing more than the old one when you just ran.
    You just made my day even better, thanks! :laugh:
  • HappilyLifts
    Options
    Wow thanks for posting this! I have been getting upset and beating myself up because I've been working my *kitten* off and the scale is stuck! I can't get it down! Been trying for 2 weeks and I workout EVERY night! and Eating right! Last night it said I gained 4 pounds! I wanted to give up and leave the gym and cry!! haha. But I stuck with my workout. Its depressing! But this just made my day! Thanks for the motivation! I needed it!! : )
    you're welcome. Like you I've been SO distracted and lost sight of what I have achieved week in week out just because the scale says I'm up on my last reading. I have weighed most days for a whole year, but why? I never get on thinking "it's gonna be a good one!", it's just torture nine times out of ten!
  • LibertyBelle89
    Options
    this is me to a T! this was very motivating, I sure needed it today :)
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    It was a struggle at first for me but Im building a relationship with the tape measure rather than the scale. I also took pics at the start and updated them a couple of weeks ago with a huge difference in body shape (for the better)

Thanks for your post. Im sure many members here will find your thread beneficial.

You look awesome :)
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Amazing! After looking at your pics I went to look at myself in the mirror along with my before pic and with only 5pounds down I can see a huge difference in my belly. Thanks for sharing
  • HappilyLifts
    Options
    Amazing! After looking at your pics I went to look at myself in the mirror along with my before pic and with only 5pounds down I can see a huge difference in my belly. Thanks for sharing
    that's fantastic! Well done :smile:
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Preach on, sista!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!