Goal Weight Maintainance TIps

Options
So I have been doing pretty well since joining MFP 3 months ago. I have lost 25 pounds and have 6 more to go to hit my first target. I am an active 40 year old, who is a Runner, and Marathoner. I do both a cardio or weight training workout followed by a 3 or 4 mile six out of seven days a week. As my goal is actually coming into view, I am curious from those who have not only achieved their goal, but have maintained it, how you maintain it successfully? Did you increase your workouts? Do different workouts (like if you used Cardio to lose the weight did you switch to weight training to keep it off, or vice versa)? Many thanks in advance! Have a wonderful day!

Replies

• bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Here is a Maintenace group. You could join and ask the members how they're doing it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/152-maintenance
  • Corey16Point35Tri
    Options
    Cool...Thank you!
  • junerbooner
    junerbooner Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    bump for when I do get there!!!:bigsmile:
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Another runner here. When I lost my first chunk of weight back in 2011 and got to a good stopping point, I tracked maintenance calories for a few weeks until I felt I had a pretty good handle on how much to eat. Then I stopped counting, and only tracked a few times after that if the scale said I'd gained 4 or 5 pounds.

I didn't change anything significantly, workouts or food. Just ate a few hundred more calories per day than when I was losing.

And in case anyone is wondering, I'm not back to tracking because I failed to maintain--I'm just hoping that losing another chunk o' weight will make me a better runner.