So amazed by how many calories I burn in a day

Options
Thanks to bodymedia fit. I have been struggling to lose more then my original 7 lbs eating at 1500 cals a day ( I am 5 feet 126 lbs and 37 years old). My body media fit tells me I am burning 2750 cals a day on my work out days! No wonder I haven't lost more weight. I can't imagine eating this much food and losing weight. But I am losing 1 lb a week now. So happy!

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I lost almost 5 pounds the first week eating the 1600 calories recommended. Great and all, but dang was I hungry and a bit peckish. I used the TDEE calculator (http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/) to get my total calories, which was 2943 per day. I did the -20% calculations which was right around 2355. Because MFP deducts exercise from calories eaten (so you eat them back) I removed the average calories (500 caloires) I burn each day from and ended up around 1800, which I manually entered.

So now, with exercise and eating, I usually stay around 2200-2400 calories per day and I am losing and averge of 2 pounds per week still. Not as much weight loss, but I eat well and fell great.
  • dmcb24
    dmcb24 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It's so great. I am not binging anymore either cause I am satisfied.
  • karaks
    karaks Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    The same thing has happened to me. I didn't believe my armband at first because the numbers seemed way too high. I wasn't losing weight, so my doctor recommended I get my BMR/RMR tested. It was right on the money with my armband. So I upped my calories to around 2400 for the last two weeks. I've slept better, have tons more energy, and just feel better. The scale hasn't gone down, but all my clothes are fitting better. :smile: