It works body wraps

Options
Are the wraps a hoax or do they actually work?

Replies

• seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    they will drop off a few inches, but it is strictly water weight and will be back in a couple days. it might be something fun to do you if you wanted to squeeze into a special dress (say for a wedding day) but it's not by any means a real solution.
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    This is a guess as I have never had one but I think what it does is makes you lose water rather than fat.
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    You can get the same water weight loss using prep-h gel and Saran Wrap, plus its alot cheaper lol... As far as long term use and skin tightening couldn't tell ya...
  • shakeupyourdiet
    Options
    I had one before my wedding and it was brilliant, inch loss was temporary but effective for a special day
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I was curious about this about a year ago. I have a friend who sells It Works products, so I asked her about them. She said that while they do reduce inches, it is only temporary, and your body will go back to its pre-wrap state within a relatively short period of time. So basically, waste of money. Unless, as someone else mentioned, you're doing it for a special occasion.
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Okay I'm glad that I read this. I have a friend who just started using them today and was ranting and raving about them so I decided to look up some reviews. I wonder if she realizes that it is only a temporary fix....
  • lmcasey83
    lmcasey83 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    They encourage you to drink water while you're wrapping, it's not water loss. They promote lipolysis, which is basically a detox of your fat cells, the skin tightening properties of this product are awesome!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Hoax. Sweating in saran wrap is not a new thing. If it worked, there'd not be a fat person left in America.

Also, drinking water does not mean you don't lose water weight. It's not an instant "I take in 8 oz, so another 8 oz is going to flow right back out."
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    yes

NO
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    yeah wrapping yourself really works. the only fat people left are the ones who haven't caught on to this miracle diet solution.
  • theskinnylist
    theskinnylist Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I've done them twice and I'm doing them a few more times before my wedding on April 5th. It is most definitely just a temporary fix. The first 2 times I did them was just to see if they were worth it... and they are (for a day or two)... don't get them thinking you'll lose inches permanently. I personally don't notice any weight difference, maybe a pound or so. But nothing significant.

You will definitely sweat your tush off....

Also - to clarify - I've done the infrared body wraps, not really sure what "it works body wraps" are. But this is my opinion of infrared body wrap.

P.S. Don't listen to the people who will automatically discount you for even asking. Most of them have never even had a body wrap. "quirkytizzy" - ok there.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    If you have to ask if it's a hoax, it most likely is....detoxing fat cells, say what? LOLOLOL. :laugh:
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    itworkswraps.jpg
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    No it does not work.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    eat at a deficit and exercise.... really simple
  • happypath101
    Options
    I did it twice last year. It was for a special ocassion and it totally worked. But, it is absolutely temporary. It lasted longer than I thought, though. I retained the inches lost for almost a week. And, then when I had the second treatment, I lost even more inches. The biggest difference for me, though, was that it totally reduced cellulite and stretch marks. Again, only temporarily and it's expensive. It's no replacement for eating right and exercising, but to do it on top of those activities can be really helpful. (It's also totally motivating. 'Cause once you see the change, you want to get there permanently.)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    If it was that easy, there wouln't be any fat people.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    They encourage you to drink water while you're wrapping, it's not water loss. They promote lipolysis, which is basically a detox of your fat cells, the skin tightening properties of this product are awesome!

Not really.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I really like how all the people who have actually tried it say it does work temporarily, for a special occasion, and all the people who haven't tried it are offering their opinions against them anyway. I have nothing to do with It Works, but this is pretty typical behavior on these boards.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Of course it works! I mean, the name is "It WORKS Body Wraps". Products can't be sold unless they really work, right?!