HELP PLEASE!!

Options
LAST WEEK I DID AMAIZING WORKOUTS I WOULD BURN UP TO 800 CALORIES AN HOUR AT THE GYM BUT THIS WEEK, I FEEL DOWN, LIKE I CANT KEEP UP TO WHAT I WAS DOING LAST WEEK, AND TODAY I WENT TO THE GYM BUT DIDNT FEEL GOOD EMOTIONALLY, DOES THIS HAPPEN TO YOU TOO???

Replies

• phildawson75
    phildawson75 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    So your caps lock key hasn't broken?

I'm sure everyone has days where they don't feel on the ball, such is life. Next week will be another week, you just need to stay focused and don't let one bad day get you down.
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Remember, you can't build Rome in a day! I think this happens to a lot of people who are just starting a diet/exercise plan, they try to kill themselves in the gym/cut a bazillion calories, etc.....then they burnout quick, or end up hurting themselves trying to do too much too fast. Start slowly and build up. And remember you have to give your body time to recover, you can go to the gym every day, but be sure you are allowing good recovery time. I think we all have those off days, I know I do, but I force myself to workout anyway, and it may end up being a crappy workout, but I like to say the only bad workout is the one that didn't happen! Good luck, and keep pushing!

:flowerforyou:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    800 calories in an hour is extreme. Whatever you were doing to burn that much (and I don't even know how that is possible) is unsustainable as you've seen. Taper down to a more moderate exercise program that you'll be able to maintain and you should be more successful for the long run.
  • SarahSmiles2004
    SarahSmiles2004 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You have probably burned yourself out, do you take rest days? at least 1 a week?

I have an extreme regimen due to my personality and goals but even I take a day or two to rest my body or just stretch.

What is your goal with burning so much in 1 hour?

What are your ultimate goals?