People on these forums can be quite cruel.

Replies

• yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Do we really need a new one of these every day? We get it. We're mean. Everyone is special and different and requires kid gloves all the time. Don't take everything so personally and focus on you.

It's taken me two years to lose 11 lbs according to the scale. I've lost many, many more inches. I eat well, I work hard on my fitness, I give it 80-90% every day, except for the days I give it 110%.

I don't complain about it because I choose to focus on the good. The newfound strength, the ability to run many miles at a time, the definition in my arms and back and my perky new butt and powerful new legs. The ability to sprint, jump, push, pull, bend, roll, cartwheel, handstand, headstand, relax and just breathe. None of that is reflected in the 11 lbs I've lost.

Choose something else to focus on and you may just amaze yourself.
  • itsgravybabygirl
    itsgravybabygirl Posts: 6 Member
    People in general can be quite cruel. In the real world, in social media and unfortunately in a place like there which it where it is needed the least... but those are just the facts Jack.

You've got this.

Everyone loses at their own rate. Plus it doesn't always have to be a SV to be considered a V.

Keep doing what you are doing. If you stay true to the cause and to yourself you will see the results in time.

Keep your head up.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    She has deactivated.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member

I've been trying to loose weight for about 10 months and have only managed to loose 9/10lbs.

Yes, and you are losing a little under 1 lb / month. You have 7 lbs to go.. This is NORMAL. When you are this close to your goal you will not be losing 2lb/s week unless you are starving yourself.. need to be weighing your food. Your diary shows that you are not doing so. You can eat whatever you want just make sure you are weighing properly. An overage of just a few grams on every thing you eat will cut your deficit to almost nothing (which is why you are losing a little slower than normal ) Watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY and you will see where your extra weight loss possibility is going.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    I think I missed something...
  • tuxedord2
    tuxedord2 Posts: 69 Member
    I understand the frustration! I go on here and look at the all the 40 pound, 60 pound lost and sometimes think "why not me?" I have been a yo -yo all my life.

One thing I have found eye opening recently for me though-- is how off I was on my log. I just bought a food scale and got really OCD with logging exact amounts and calories (not just trusting the database either). I was soooo off when I was logging with best guesses. Next step is to get heart rate monitor/tracker and once and for all figure out exactly what my expenditure is-- am sure that is off as well. Turns out my guesses have not been that great!

Am sure you've done all that if you are working with a medical team.... but sometimes it does help to hear others stories. Also not sure how much you weigh or how much you have to lose but I've seen some pretty amazing body change pictures with "ONLY" a 10 pound loss. Just this morning there were some 30 day shred posts that were phenomenal. Ten pounds lost but HUGE changes with daily commitment to the shred.

I'm glad you've found a place to vent. It does sometimes help to just get it out....
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the OP deactivated.

Best wishes OP, may you find a star ship from whence to steer your "I HATE U ALL SO MUCH" ship from.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    I have no idea what this is about, but it's obviously a continuation of some other thread.

You can find the link on the first page.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    GUISE OP DEACTIVATED HER ACCOUNT.

(end) /THREAD
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    bump
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Don't bother, she deactivated her account already.
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    You can get your thyroid checked to see if that's the problem.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    And the moral of the story is... learn to take constructive criticism.
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Sorry you feel that way but many people on here know what they are talking about.

I have to eat 100% clean with no wheat products to lose any weight. If I cave in and have a treat involving sugar or any wheat products I'm up 5 lbs overnigh and it takes 2 weeks to get that 5 lbs back off and start losing again. I also have to exercise a minimum of an hour a day 6 days a week to lose. My carb intake must be between 75 and 100g inorder to lose as well.

That is just how my body is and I know it all too well, so for me to lose donuts are not an option.

If you want to lose sometimes you have to listen to people with experience that knwo what they are talking about, give their suggestions a try and see what makes your body lose.

Sometimes you really cannot have your cake and eat it too :(
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 476 Member
    Well, how weird was THAT?!?!?!
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    GUISE OP DEACTIVATED HER ACCOUNT.

(end) /THREAD
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    I'm getting tired of people making these threads every three hours....

^THIS

Usually the reason these people think others are being cruel is because someone didn't agree with them. Someone told them they need to work out and eat right. Someone told them that they are probably not tracking correctly or their expectations of a healthy weight loss are so far from reality it is scary.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    She has deactivated.

Too bad.. A little actual research would have solved her issue.
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Carbs and processed foods aren't going to interfere with weight loss, however, a possible gluten allergy can't be completely ruled out. Either way, if someone says that you are having trouble losing because you ate a doughnut or drank a beer, you should ignore that fool because they are talking out the otherside of their *kitten*.
    [/quote]

Wow UsedtobeHusky,
    didn't know people were fools for making suggestions... looks like you're the bully on the forums.

I only said this out of experience.. when I was going down to 140 from 150lbs I couldn't eat a donut 5x a week and not have it affect my weight loss.. and that is with an hour of intense activity everyday... SOME people are affected by junk food / booze etc

no need for name calling
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    I've read some of the replies to your other post and they're not cruel. They are trying to offer you solid advice but you're ignoring their request for more information. You're playing the pity-party game. Stop acting immature. If you really want us to help you:

Provide age, height, current weight, goal weight.
    What is your BMR? To find the calculator, click on the Apps tab, scroll down and find it on the right hand side of screen.
    What is your BMI? You can find it by doing the same as above.

What did you choose as your weekly weight loss goal?
    What is your occupation? What did you choose for your activity setting?
    If you forgot, find both my clicking on Settings at the very top, click Update diet/fitness profile.

Do you log everything that goes into your mouth including all beverages and things used to cook with (oils, butter, etc)?
    Do you use a digital food scale to weigh everything in grams? Most people drastically underestimate food portions. Best <$20 investment you can make.
    Do you log your dedicated workouts and eat back your extra earned calories?

You will find terrific support here on MFP if you provide us with enough information to offer advice.