Jillian Michaels dvds

Options
Has anyone had good success with these? I'm getting some workout dvds on Friday and I've heard her workouts are great. I want to go from 162lbs to 125lbs, my horrible areas are my arms, tummy, and thighs. Does anyone recommend a specific dvd of hers for these trouble areas? one of those dvds says "lose 5 pounds a week", is it too good to be true?

Replies

• Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I really like her dvd's and get good results from it. I started out with 30 DS, which has 3 levels and you do 10 days on a level. The workouts are only 20 min, but it kicks butt! It is good preparation for some of her other dvd's. I am currently doing No more trouble zones every second day and on the other days I alternate between Banish fat, boost metabolism and 6 Week, 6 Pack. I haven't lost much weight, but my body is definitely in better shape and I feel stronger and fitter.
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I've heard her DVD's are great, I am going to start the 30DS myself, I think. I was told I need to have more specific goals, so I think completing the 30 day is pretty specific :)
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I did her 30 day shred 3 months after having my son lost weight and inches that month for sure:)
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I've used her DVD's in the past there okay but I prefer several of the workouts from Beachbody. I enjoyed Turbo Fire and now I'm doing the Les Mills Combat. I taught Aerobic Kickboxing for 13 years and I bought her Kickbox fast DVD. Don't waste the money because she doesn't mix up doing both sides of the body and her form and what she is teaching is wrong. I've done 30 day shred, and a couple of the other ones but I got bored with her real easy. That's just my opinion. Good Luck
    Lisa
  • Sunny_fit4life
    Sunny_fit4life Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You'll notice they say lose "up to" 5 lbs in a week... key words right there..

That doesn't change the fact that they do burn a lot of calories and give you both cardio and strength training in one (plus flexibility if you get the yoga one).

I have yoga meltdown and I really love it. If you like yoga and think fusing yoga with cardio sounds like a fun workout, I highly recommend it. The only problem I see with her DVD's is that sometimes I don't feel like the "warmups" she does are adequate for me, so I do a little warming up before starting and a little extra cooldown afterward.
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    You're not going lose 5lbs. in a week (that's not healthy anyway) you may not lose a whole lot of weight at all but...you will definitely lose inches and that will make your clothes fit better or you may even need to go down a size and you will feel better when you're all done.
  • valeriecaden
    valeriecaden Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love her DVDs! I did the Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism one before with my old roommate and we loved it. It was intense but completely do-able and only around 40ish minutes. Currently I'm doing her Yoga one every morning. Though I do like the yoga one, I agree with LuDnae in that the warm/up is quick. I do some dynamic stretches before and regular stretches afterwards to feel as though I get a more complete workout. I've heard great things about the 30 day shred too. If you end up getting some, I hope they work for you!
  • jmhunter84
    jmhunter84 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am currently on day 13 working out to JM 30 Day Shred. It is challenging but you will get a workout in 20-30 mins. Good luck
  • cinthyathreeohfive
    Options
    So 30 Day Shred it is! and the Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism sounds pretty good. thank you everybody, and good luck!
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    30DS is the one i've opted for - should be here tomorrow!

The main reason was the shorter sessions as time is short and also it has a target to work towards. Not too worried about the weight loss aspect of it, more that I need to shape up.

Slight problem though is when I tried the first level on YouTube, my dog kept trying to steal my dumbells - do you know how hard it is to exercise when you can't stop laughing? :bigsmile:
  • cinthyathreeohfive
    Options
    30DS is the one i've opted for - should be here tomorrow!

The main reason was the shorter sessions as time is short and also it has a target to work towards. Not too worried about the weight loss aspect of it, more that I need to shape up.

Slight problem though is when I tried the first level on YouTube, my dog kept trying to steal my dumbells - do you know how hard it is to exercise when you can't stop laughing? :bigsmile:

aand that's why no pets for me right now lol
  • QuitoBandito
    QuitoBandito Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 2 of 30DS... it kicks butt! But I'm hoping it will be worth it, but I'm not setting my goals too high, I just want to be more fit at the end.

All I can say now is that I'm REALLY sore!
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I've done 30DS and Ripped in 30. I liked them both. 30DS Level 2 is my "go to" workout when I don't know what to do / don't feel like thinking about it. :)

I'm seriously looking at Body Revolution, but am also thinking at this point that I might want to do NROL4W or SL5x5.

I think 30DS is a great place to start, though. Ripped in 30 is similar, but has 4 levels (4 weeks). I think Level 1 of Ripped is between 30DS Levels 1 & 2.

I've done P90X and Chalean Extreme and Jillian still kicks my butt! :)
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options

LOL My workout time = dog "down stay" training time! It has worked out very well!
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I have almost all of her DVDs and they are really great workouts. You will see the inches come off before the lbs, but the lbs eventually come off too! I did the 90 day Body Revolution last year and it was tough, but awesome!

The only issue is that with some workouts, she says they're 30 min, but they are closer to 40 LOL Oh well. I still do them!!

Good luck! :smile:
  • Sheri3182
    Sheri3182 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I love her DVD's! She is tough but you will get results. I completed the 30 Day Shred last week and I'm currently doing her Ripped in 30. Which is also great!
  • ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I am a beginner, so this 30 Day Shred is challenging for me.
    I have only done 3 days (skipped day 4) but am doing that today - just to give my sore muscles a break and let them recover. I feel better today and the honey rubbed me down last night so that helped a lot.
    I FEEL amazing. If I feel this good and have pushed through and made strides in just a few days, I cannot imagine how I will look and feel at day 30 so I am all in!

Level 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8
    Level 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uIO_03BYb4
    Level 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMN4g3D4ODE
    How to do it: http://www.ehow.com/how_5363883_do-jillian-michaels-day-shred.html
  • Jessb1985
    Jessb1985 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I currently have 30 day shred, killer buns and thighs, six week six pack and shred with weights and love them. I do a different one once a week so I don't get bored and mix it up with my weights and walking :)
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Jillian!!!! You will definitely see some type of results with her! I just ordered her Body Revolution and I can't wait to get it!!