Saving for later
  • rosii64
    rosii64 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hachi: A Dog's Tale
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I have had Castaway on the Moon on my que for awhile, but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

Ip Man 1 & 2
    Fearless (Jet Li)
    Call the Midwife (a series)
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I have had Castaway on the Moon on my que for awhile, but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

Ip Man 1 & 2
    Fearless (Jet Li)

OP here, I can't believe this thread is still alive! Give Castaway on the Moon 30 minutes, it you aren't hooked by then turn it off :tongue:
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

Ip Man 1 & 2
    Fearless (Jet Li)

OP here, I can't believe this thread is still alive! Give Castaway on the Moon 30 minutes, it you aren't hooked by then turn it off :tongue:

You are the second person who's told me this! Ok. Tonight. :smile:
  • Samiamy2k
    Samiamy2k Posts: 50
    Options
    One of my favorites is a Russian movie called "The Concert". Funny, poignant, it really had all the elements of a great movie. There's also a Mexican movie called "Like Water for Chocolate" that's wonderful.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    A french film called Just Visiting (Les Visiteurs en Amérique) is one that I love.
  • TinaRoberts67
    TinaRoberts67 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
  • Samiamy2k
    Options
    Another great one is the fantasy flick "Stardust" with De Niro and Michelle Pfieffer, with a great cameo by Ricky Gervais. It's worth the price just to see De Niro as a gay pirate.... I think it would be a great movie for kids, but only if a gay pirate doesn't offend your sensibilities....
  • Samiamy2k
    Options
    Terry Gilliam, formerly of Monty Python has some great movies that haven't gotten their due. Among them are "The Fisher King", "The Adventures of Baron Munchhausen", "12 Monkeys" and my favorite, "Time Bandits". ALL great flicks if you like something a little off-center.
  • TinaRoberts67
    TinaRoberts67 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Oh man, that broke my heart.

Yes it was a very sad ending
  • jcctx05
    jcctx05 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Not that I need more movies/tv shows in my Netflix queue but these are great recommendations to save/look out for.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Glad everyone is enjoying One Week. I had suggested it to a bunch of my friends and got mixed responses. I feel like I've redeemed myself with everyone on here loving it.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! I don't have cable and I am always looking for new things on Netflix. I don't always have a lot of time to watch movies though so my list of favs are generally TV shows. Right now I have:

Dr. Who (they really need to hurry up and update this one!!!)
    American Horror Story
    Copper
    The Walking Dead (again....they need to update this one!)

For movies, I think the most recent one I wathced was Machine Gun Preacher.
  • whiteheaddg
    whiteheaddg Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Another great one is the fantasy flick "Stardust" with De Niro and Michelle Pfieffer, with a great cameo by Ricky Gervais. It's worth the price just to see De Niro as a gay pirate.... I think it would be a great movie for kids, but only if a gay pirate doesn't offend your sensibilities....

Is this on NETFLIX streaming? Just did a search and nada, but I have poor phone connection here in the office.
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's been said in the thread but Primer is pretty interesting.

Very low budget I think 7,000 dollars but the storyline is pretty good
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Terry Gilliam, formerly of Monty Python has some great movies that haven't gotten their due. Among them are "The Fisher King", "The Adventures of Baron Munchhausen", "12 Monkeys" and my favorite, "Time Bandits". ALL great flicks if you like something a little off-center.

Is The Fisher King on Netflix? I love that movie so much! I have it on VHS. And yes, I still have the player. :smile:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! I don't have cable and I am always looking for new things on Netflix. I don't always have a lot of time to watch movies though so my list of favs are generally TV shows. Right now I have:

Dr. Who (they really need to hurry up and update this one!!!)
    American Horror Story
    Copper
    The Walking Dead (again....they need to update this one!)

For movies, I think the most recent one I wathced was Machine Gun Preacher.

The last season of the Walking Dead is coming in August, according to my son. I can't wait!

@ACapero79, I still have One Week in my queue. Haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I put a lot of stuff in there, and then a good bit of the movies recommended here were wiped out when Netflix didn't renew some contracts.
  • damedame
    damedame Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    me and my friends loved Thanks killing if just for the laugh!! haha

"You know, in a way, I'm glad this happened. I may have lost my parents, but I gained a girlfriend"