Options
    bump
  • two_octopodes
    two_octopodes Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • beyondmywildestdreams
    Options
    If it hasn't already been mentioned, Safety Not Guarenteed, The Giant Mechanical Man (absolutely beautiful movie), and A Little Help -- all fabulous movies.

I watched The Giant Mechanical Man last night... it was a great movie! Thanks for the suggestion!
  • beyondmywildestdreams
    Options
    I see Breaking Bad has new episodes up! :love: :love: :love:
  • mtfr810
    mtfr810 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Started watching Breaking Bad on Friday. Made it through the first season already! Awesome show!!!!
  • pam7315
    pam7315 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Arbitrage
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I just finished binge watching Orange Is The New Black. I wasn't sure it would be something I would like, but it was soooo addictive! Well acted, and the story lines were interesting. I am looking forward to Season 2 already. Long wait though!

its the only netflix series ive watched. loved it
  • beyondmywildestdreams
    Options
    If it hasn't already been mentioned, Safety Not Guarenteed, The Giant Mechanical Man (absolutely beautiful movie), and A Little Help -- all fabulous movies.

Thanks for the suggestion! I loved The Giant Mechanical Man :heart:
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Watching the series Sordid Lives, better then I was thinking it would be!!
  • pettymoon
    Options
    So many movies/series to watch now! Thanks guys!

I second Sherlock-- BBC series. It's really a must watch!

I like crime series so here are some of my favorite series:
    Bones
    Monk
    The Finder
    Burn Notice
    Lie to Me
  • rikwaynik
    rikwaynik Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Rurouni_Kou
    Rurouni_Kou Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Not a very well known one, even among fans of Terry Prachett since many light fans don't realize there's movies, but my vote goes for Hogfather! Love it, and it has one of the quotes that is my favorite quote of all (Warning, it's a long one):

Susan: All right. I'm not stupid. You're saying humans need... fantasies to make life bearable.
    Death: Humans need fantasy to *be* human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
    Susan: With tooth fairies? Hogfathers?
    Death: Yes. As practice, you have to start out learning to believe the little lies.
    Susan: So we can believe the big ones?
    Death: Yes. Justice, mercy, duty. That sort of thing.
    Susan: They're not the same at all.
    Death: You think so? Then take the universe and grind it down to the finest powder, and sieve it through the finest sieve, and then show me one atom of justice, one molecule of mercy. And yet, you try to act as if there is some ideal order in the world. As if there is some, some rightness in the universe, by which it may be judged.
    Susan: But people have got to believe that, or what's the point?
    Death: You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?

I don't think my other favorite quote from the book is in the movie though:
    “Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.”

I highly recommend Hogfather. Going Postal is pretty awesome too. ^_^
  • klyn05
    klyn05 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Trailer Park Boys.
    The Office.
    Parks & Recreation.
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
    The Catherine Tate Show.
    and of course who can resist some AFV every now and again ;)

I know all of these arent considered "hidden gems" but don't care. Best shows ever (I'll stick in a *IMHO*).
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    We watched The Perfect Host yesterday. That was a good one!
  • sunseeker100
    sunseeker100 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I'll post a serious response:

best movie I've seen on Netflix that nobody has ever heard of before: One Week starring Joshua Jackson. Great flick.

Was that the one where he did the cross Canada tour? Most of it was filmed in Alberta (and my home town) that was a great movie, and no one has heard of it.
  • amohoop34
    Options
    Didn't see if this was mentioned already, but "Memento" might be my favorite movie of all-time. It's told in a very unique way, great acting, great writing. It's a suspense/drama, by Christopher Nolan, the guy behind Inception and the recent batman trilogy.