Binged today, any advice?

Options
I have been on my diet for a few months now and have managed to lose 9 pounds. I had been doing really well but today I thought I would treat myself to a little bit of chocolate. But stupid me, not having any junk food in so long, a little bit turned into a lot and I think I have eaten about 3500 calories.

I did burn off 400 calories this morning on the running machine and also did some skipping after I ate but now I feel really disappointed and upset with myself.

I know tomorrow is another day but I just feel so guilty!
Anyone else had this problem??

Xoxo

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    One day is not going to de-rail everything.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Yes. Just don't turn it into a bigger one.
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    First and foremost..STOP feeling guilty! Just look at it as a blip! We all have them..it's part of being human.
    Just take a deep breath, forget about what happened and get on with planning a better day tomorrow.. :drinker:
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Just put it behind you and get back on track right now. This is why I eat treats when I want them...but in reasonable portions. I don't have to feel deprived then risk a binge later. Maybe that would work for you too :)
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Move on and just get over it. Also, why not give yourself a bit of chocolate daily (if that is your "vice") - then you're less likely to binge when you allow yourself a "reward." MAybe a daily Hershey's Nugget or two ...
  • _michellle
    _michellle Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It's one day - don't beat yourself up about it. I usually eat not-so-healthy on the weekends. Pretty much on accident because I am not home to cook my own meal. "One healthy meal won't make you fit. And one unhealthy meal won't make you fat"
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    What kind of junk food? We need to know details.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Yep, all the time. End the day strong to set the right tone for tomorrow.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I've had 3 "big calorie" days since I started 6 weeks ago. Just put it behind you and move forward.
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    tomorrow is a new day! keep this experience in mind for next time :) don't get down on yourself though! you've done well thus far and i am sure you will continue to make progress!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    go back out and burn 1000 calories running.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Just know it happens to everyone, even the most successful people here. It didn't stop them and it won't stop you if you don't let it. I know how crappy it feels now but that feeling will pass and you'll know what to watch out for in the future. :flowerforyou:
  • LittleDaisyWaisy
    Options
    Hi,

Do not stress is the first bit of advice.. We all will have days when this happens so no one expects you to not have a bad day.

You are learning new ways of eating and that aint easy with temptation all around us.

You brought it here and told us so you probz just did the best thing anyway :)

Tomo is a new day and who knows may even boost your weight loss

Smile and remember you may be talking us through this one day hun..

Good Luck tomo

:)
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I hear ya honey. Same thing happens to me when it comes to chocolate. Dust yourself off, forgive yourself and start again. Healthy living is a lifetime choice. You'll have bad days once in a while, try not to focus on them. If your schedule allows, get a workout in to burn off some of the calories.

I can't keep a lot of chocolate in the house otherwise I end up eating it all. When I do need a treat, instead of buying a dozen cookies at the bakery, I buy one cookie. Instead of buying a bag of candy, I buy a single candy bar (NOT king size either!), instead of buying ice cream at the grocery store, I buy a small ice cream cone at Dairy Queen. If it's not around, you can't eat it.
  • swissbrit
    swissbrit Posts: 201
    Options
    Everyone sins sometime :-/ just try and eat clean and within your calories tomorrow :-) and a tip for next time either do not have chocolate in the house or only buy a tiny bar that will not make you feel so guilty if you eat it. :flowerforyou:
  • AdrieneJ
    AdrieneJ Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My friend said this to me recently: Just do better than you did yesterday. That's all you need to do. You will be ok.
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Don't eat anymore junk today :)
    And don't sweat it, one not good day isn't going to mess you up.

Go back to eating healthy today and tomorrow and so on.

Also, give yourself a little treat everyday. It'll keep you from binging so much the next time you want a little more ^^ Your body won't be craving it as much
  • Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Log it. Do not mentally abuse yourself over it. Set a great plan for tomorrow and stick to it. ((hugs))
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Stop feeling guilty. It's one day. Move on.

Saying that you had one binge day and you ruined your whole diet/ weightloss/ lifestyle change etc is like saying that you dropped your phone on the floor so you might as well smash it to bits.
  • Charlixoxo
    Charlixoxo Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I will make sure to do better tomorrow :) thank you for your support , it's nice to feel your not the only one xoxo