ankle pants

Options
13»

Replies

• WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I think if you can rock them you should.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    jCu032U.jpg
    Just no. :noway:

:laugh:

These looks are not that bad. I dont mind any of the outfits in this picture. As far as men's style, I have seen way worse, and would much rather a man at least *try* to be stylish than throw on a ratty tshirt and jeans. Some women like manly men, I like the ones who are as much into style as I am! My man and I ask each other every day how we look, and give our honest opinions. If he wasnt into clothes like me, who would I consult every day before work?? My four year old only likes my sparkly outfits and dresses.... (In her opinion, ankle pants are stupid too! :laugh:
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I love them and wear them with heels. I have never once had anyone tell me they didn't like them, but I've had many people tell me that they do like them. And the husband LOVES them. He has stated he prefers short shorts with high heels, but that's not a look that 40 year olds pull off with a lot of class.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I'm sitting so they are drawn up a little more than they actually are. (was getting my hair done - that's why I'm wearing a cape):

zckyYHX.jpg?1
    I'm kinda bummed you explained why you were wearing a cape.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    im so short they'd look like normal pants on me :tongue:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I just wear whatever. Sometimes I buy capris for tall people and they fit me like what I guess is "ankle pants". I have some sweat pants and they are too long, but I can roll them up and button them that way. I wear those sweat pants a lot for dancing and to the gym.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain to me the obsession with ankle pants lately? As a 5'2" lady with too much junk in the trunk, the footwell, the door pockets, the glove box, and under the hood, it is really just not a flattering look, and I don't think it's that flattering on the 6' model types either! It makes them look short and fat! I just want pants that are pant-length. And yes, I have to shorten those so they are appropriate for my short stature, but yeah. I'm still gonna complain about the ankle pants. Wah.

I have the exact same body type, and I just ordered some ankle pants that I'm really excited about! As others have noted they look especially good with heels. The slim cut makes an outfit look really classy and put-together, and they're less overwhelming than longer pants if you want to play with bold colors and patterns.

I've been following some petite fashion bloggers that have inspired me-- here are some example outfits:

http://www.extrapetite.com/2013/01/winter-casual-talbots-cashmere-review.html

http://www.wendyslookbook.com/2013/03/bloom-neon-rose-daffodil-yellow/ (She wears a lot of ankle pants!)

http://www.alterationsneeded.com/2013/01/print-blazer-vintage-watch.html (She does a lot of ankle-length skinny jeans, but it's a similar concept. Her build is probably a little more like ours than the first two bloggers.)

I also like to follow these petite blogs!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I wear them. With heels.

Couple weeks ago:

I2dyfwW.jpg?1

Yesterday, I'm sitting so they are drawn up a little more than they actually are. (was getting my hair done - that's why I'm wearing a cape):

zckyYHX.jpg?1

ETA: The 2nd pair are jeans. I'm 5'7.

Love the bottom pair, but to me, the top ones still look like pants that aren't quite long enough.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Ankle pants just mean that y'all get to see my fun socks :)
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    jensenpudding_zps6a51b6ee.gif

10/10 Would BANG.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :bigsmile: