New in Paris, France

Options
Hi everyone --

Well -- here we go -- started a few days ago -- recommended by a friend. I'm living in Paris and with all the good food, restaurants, stress, socializing and a lot of jumping on and off airplanes -- I managed to put on 10 kilos over the past year or so. Almost without noticing. Feel sluggish and not too proud of myself. Nutrition labeling isn't what it is in the States and the challenge with myfitnesspal is finding the correct entries for the food that's out there -- so I'm adding as I go. I figure that within a few weeks I should have programmed in most of what I eat regularly. Impressed so far with the iPhone app. Definitely makes one more calorie aware. Was also surprised that one can burn so many calories with a brisk walk. So if the days' too busy to get to the gym -- I plan energetic walks around town. That's the plan -- let's see how it goes.

James.

Replies

• ema21043
    ema21043 Posts: 45
    Options
    Best of luck and welcome to the MFP family.
  • jamesinparis
    jamesinparis Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ema for your encouragement!! Hope this has been working for you. Best.
  • cildawg1
    cildawg1 Posts: 14
    Options
    Welcome. I'm a newbie too. So you're in Paris!!! How exciting. I've always wondered how the French ate so well and everyone is so thin. I saw a 60 Minutes report on it once. It's amazing. They put butter in everything. But I don't believe they snack at all. It's just those three meals (filled with richness - cream, cheese, butter - Oh My!) and they look great.