Ugh! I'm sorry, but I don't think I can do this!...

Options
13»

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    This stuff is flavored. It's frosted chocolate, or something like that. The taste itself isn't horrible, I think it's the thickness and texture. I might try water next time. Or just half a serving.

You're in Scotland? When you need more powder try the Whey protein in Holland and Barrett, has a good taste without the grainy texture.

Also, maybe try half water half milk.
  • mycrobemini
    mycrobemini Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I really like Muscle Milk powder (for the flavor and the protein content). I have chocolate, vanilla, and strawberries and cream currently, and I choose the one that most fits with the other items I'm going to use. I've found that too much ice/frozen fruit makes it really thick and I have to add more water; and that almond milk makes it thicker than if I use 1% cow's milk. You just have to play around with your ingredients until you find the texture/flavor that you want!
  • Jessiebell527
    Jessiebell527 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Mixing with coffee is DELISH, I use very little ice, I don't like it too thick
  • Tercob
    Tercob Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    The milk and the ice are making it super thick. Try mixing it with water and ice. Or even just water.
    OR, if you mix it with milk, do only one scoop and don't blend it, just shake it up really good.

I use a hand mixer, makes it light and fluffy
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I've found I like Pure Protien power bars...not the chocolate deluxe flavor...Their peanut butter chocolate and cookie dough flavors are pretty decent...not like a good candy bar, but quite edible. They have 20 grams of protein for about 200 calories. I've decided I should hand the chocolate deluxe ones I have left to people begging at intersections.

I like that I can have one with me to eat right after working out. I don't have to worry about refrigerating it so I can get my protein ingested right away!

My requirements for protein bars:

at least 20 grams of protein
    around 200 cals or fewer
    taste ok

My other post workout protein source is Hormel's Natural Choice deli meat. Two servings have about 20 g or protein (some have 22 g) for 120 calories. Problem is, they won't stay cold at the gym. Oh...and they taste yummy and have fewer additives than other lunch meats.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    1. The moment you believed you can't, you were defeated. Change your mindset
    2. Looking at your diary, you dont eat a lot of fowl or fish. These are fabulous sources for proteins...as are eggs
    3. While protein is important in many facets of a healthy lifestyle, it's not everything. Your exercise burns are cardio focused, so your macros need not be under dire scrutiny

Most importantly...stop making the excuse that you cant. You either want this or you dont. So tell us, what is YOU WANT?
  • crushers57
    crushers57 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Throw some frozen fruit in the blender.....and a teaspoon of vanilla pudding. Makes it tastes better and smoother!
  • shorty1030
    shorty1030 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use Isagenix Dutch chocolate protein powder. It's the best I have tried and I have tried a lot of them. This is how I use mine.

2 scoops Isagenix Dutch chocolate protein powder
    10 oz of unsweetened almond milk
    1 cup frozen strawberries
    1 packet of stevia

It has 28g of protein and 8g of fiber, no artificial colors or sweeteners. You can buy it here http://vanny1030.isagenix.com
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I just started a high-protein meal plan. I haven't done any shakes and don't plan to unless I need a super-quick on-the-go breakfast or something. Feel free to send me a friend request if you want to see my diary and exchange high-protein meal and snack ideas :) I just started Monday and I missed my breakfast today but I still had 79 grams of protein today, and over 100 yesterday and Monday.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Try some lean protein in place of the steak and beef sometimes. A 6 oz chicken breast is 180 calories and 39 grams of protein with zero carbs and almost no fat.

Also, try plain greek yogurt in place of the flavored ones. You're upping your calories, carbs, and sugars that way, and you lose out on protein. A 6oz cup of fat free Chobani has 18g of protein, 7 carbs, and 7 sugars for 100 calories. Your average flavored Chobani has only 14g of protein, 22 carbs and 21 sugar for 140 calories.

Try to get protein with every meal. Eggs and/or meat in the morning, lean meats with lunch, and then more for dinner.

And look for snacks that are high in protein. You're already eating the Chobani, so switch to the plain on that. Keep the cottage cheese. And if you're okay with the sodium, add in some beef jerky (make sure it's not overly flavored, some brands, like Krave, put in so many flavorings it has more carbs than protein), and some nuts.

Sample menu (just the protein parts):
    Breakfast - Two eggs and two slices of center cut bacon - 17g protein
    Lunch - 4oz tuna - 20g protein
    Snack - Plain fat free Chobani - 18g protein
    Snack - 1oz beef jerky - 12g protein
    Dinner - 6oz boneless, skinless, chicken breast - 39g protein

That's 106 grams of protein in 637 calories of food. That leaves you over 1000 calories to fill in with everything else that goes with the protein items.