OMG what to eat for lunch???

Options
:noway: I can never seem to get the right amount of calories in for lunch!!!! It's either eat like a pauper or go way over...Please any recipes or ideas will help!!!!! P.S. I have a 5 month old so I can't spend a-lot of time preparing!

Replies

• ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I am most satisfied with a salad that has some sort of meat thrown in with it. I have done chicken, hamburger, tuna, salmon, etc..
    If you get pre-bagged spinach, romain lettuce, greens or whatever you like, mix it with a pack of salmon and toss in some grape tomatoes and a bit of shredded cheese (also pre-packaged) and almond slivers or cashews, you are set and in less than 10-15min!
  • rockingranny45
    rockingranny45 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Manwich comes in at 205. Even less if you use a healthier bun than i did.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you are already spending time preparing dinner, just make a little extra to have for lunch the next day.
  • laurenmanderson1
    laurenmanderson1 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I eat this almost every day and it is easy, quick, and cheap!!

Ingredients:
    1 Whole wheat sandwich thin
    1 Morning Star Veggie Patty (I use the Garden Veggie or Spicy black bean)
    1 Wedge Laughing Cow Cheese (light swiss)
    1 100 Calorie pack of Wholly Guacamole
    ~ 10 Leaves of baby spinach

All you have to do is toast the sandwich thin, spread the guacamole on one side and the cheese on the other, put a layer of baby spinach on there, and stick the patty in the microwave! Takes 10 minutes tops, is only 345 calories, and is really filling!

P.S. DON'T be scared off by the veggie patty! I'm not a vegetarian in any way, but they just taste really great and are low calorie!!! I got everyone in my office to try it before I told them what is was and now everyone is obsessed haha.
  • FluffyCorky
    FluffyCorky Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Mix 1 lb of ground turkey with 1 large tbsp of plain greek yogurt any seasonings you like and make about 16 small meatballs. Pop them in the oven on a sheet for 20 mins @ 350. I usually eat 4 meatballs per serving, cover it with 1/2 cup of light spaghetti sauce and it rings in around 260cals. You can even throw it into 1/2 a pita pocket and make it a meatball sandwich.

I also love chicken salad & egg salad (I put it on 1/2 a pita which is 90 cals) but they are both sooo good I've eaten them with a spoon too! :laugh: http://www.theyummylife.com/chicken_salad_cranberries_and_pecans

It's ten times easier to make your lunch for the following day the night before. It took me a long time to realize it was the best habit I could've gotten myself into!