April has been so tough, it very discouraging...

Options
First, I was doing well, shredding and feeling great, logging in all my foods and exercise here. Then I hurt my neck and shoulders while exercising and HAD to stop, it took over a week to heal, then I got a chest cold that beat the crap out of me. I tried pushing through it and walked on my lunch, then it got the better of me. Now, I finally got my sorry but to the drs. and I'm taking some antibiotics and puffer. But of course the last couple of days, I started falling into old eating habits. I feel so upset, I couldn't even log in on MFP I felt so guilty. I've got to try get back on, any words of wisdom would be wonderful to hear.

Feeling depressed,
Jen

Replies

• sweetpeagal
    Options
    The important thing to realize is that YOU'RE DOING IT!!! :)

Eating healthy and having a healthy life style change is something for the long term. If you don't eat well for a few days don't worry about it and get right on track. It's like two steps for one step back, if you keep going your still moving forward :).

Last week I went to wendy's and had a double cheeseburger. Not only did I not feel well after but I used that feeling to motivate me to do better. Don't let your mistake be your excuse for not continuing your weight loss. You can do it!! :)

Just take it one day at a time :)
  • bjandlm
    bjandlm Posts: 75
    Options
    Hi Jen, sorry to hear you have been feeling so poorly. As with getting back into the exercise, just take things
    very slowly and only one day at a time. Try to do other things that make you feel good, it will help with
    falling back into the old eating habits again. If reading a good book, or watching a good movie help, do those
    instead. Just try to eat as well as you can, and allow yourself a treat once in a while, you deserve it, and just keep
    with it, eating right and exercising is a life style change that takes time and patience..... Good Luck to you! and feel
    better real soon.... BJ:smile::flowerforyou: