NO!!!!!!!!

geri1geraldinesuzanne
geri1geraldinesuzanne Posts: 125 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH NY GOD! I WEIGHED MY SELF THIS MORNING AND I AM WEIGHING 1/2 A KILO MORE THAN MY LAST WEIGH IN, WHY? AM I BEING PUNISHED FOR SOMETHING I DID IN LAST LIFE? OK, SO I WENT A BIT OVER BOARD YESTERDAY WITH THE 'MIDNIGHT MUNCHIES' BUT IT WAS ONLY 207KCALS. I JUST FEEL LIKE GOING BACK TO MY OLD HABITS IT JUST FEELS POINTLESS CONTINUING TO GAIN WEIGHT.

HELP BEFORE I DO SOMETHING STUPID!!!

GERIPINK :drinker:

Replies

• spacie
    spacie Posts: 82
    Stop! Don't even think about it and do not weigh yourself again for another 7 days! Give yourself a chance!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    no caps lock please. its obnoxious.

how long ago was your last weigh in? its good to space them out (i wait at least a week if not more) because your bodily fluctuates daily due to water retention and what have you. Also if you've started a new work out regimen your muscles will retain water for a few weeks to recover until they get used to it. It's not life or death, hang in there and take measurements. You maybe still be losing inches without losing pounds! good luck and keep it up!
  • mzmoonlight
    mzmoonlight Posts: 160
    How many calories are you eating typically? Because the thing that stood out for me reading your post was that possibly you have been eating too few calories and the moment you have had a few more (207!) your body has clung on to them for dear life. But if you are eating at least 1200 this shouldnt be an issue.

I would say that daily weighing works really well for me but if you cant deal with the fluctuations then dont weigh in daily. Half a kilo is a pound; one pound fluctuation is absolutely nothing to worry about. I've seen my body go up by 2 or 3 pounds one day and even more in the other direction the next day. Its certainly not fat you have put on, it takes a lot more than 207 calories to put on a pound of fat (3500 to be precise).
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    I weighed myself before i went tp cycle this morning and when I got home...the difference was 4 pounds. Please make sure you dont' get hung up on a daily weigh in. Go off of weekley...
  • cymills
    cymills Posts: 133 Member
    Ahh - first thought was "get a grip"!! I agree with all previous commments and please go back and read your inital post.
    Ok - some thoughts ( FWIW) 1) yes- the caps are obnoxious and completely unnecessary! 2) "OMG..OMG...OMG" - seriously ? 3)The negative , crazy comments - "punished in my last life"? .."feel like going back to old habits"..."feels pointless"...""help before I do something stupid"...again - seriouosly?

Seriously - YOU need to get YOU under control. If your mind is not in this - nothing else, but perhaps frustration , will follow.

If you want to lose some weight and make better lifestyle choices - MFP can be for you. If you need a place to "pi$$ & moan" - may I suggest facebook! get a grip girlie!!!!
  • Junisahn
    Junisahn Posts: 166 Member
    I gain even 4-5 lbs in a day from morning to evening. AND if I eat late, that food is likely still in my belly the next day (or some kind of residual water/bloat from it) and I tend to weigh more the next morning. If I stop eating earlier, likewise, I weigh less the next morning. However, neither that gain or loss represent real body weight.

Plus there is the issue of sodium making you hold onto extra water, and the accuracy of your scale and on and on and on.... keep doing what you're doing, and give it time. I know it can be disheartening to see what you think is a gain, but it doesn't help to give up - you'll just see more gains if you do that!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Ok there's no need to be mean to someone first of all. We've all had these freak-out moments and just because we didn't type in caps doesn't mean we didn't have them. We're here to support each other not criticize each other's typing.

Check your sodium from yesterday. Did your snack have sodium in it? Drink lots of water to get rid of the extra salt. Try to go the next 7 days without going over on your cals, drink all of the water you're supposed to, and make sure you get proper sleep. It takes some time but it will happen. Realize that our weight changes sometimes on a daily basis (I lost 2 pounds just yesterday but it's because I drank so much water and watched my sodium)
  • kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Try to think that it doesn't matter unless its a weigh in day. Now you have time to lose that before the time comes...BUT I also agree you need to get a grip over the negativity! And TRY not to eat after 7pm but if you do, its ok...just start the next day new.
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Dr Oz (adorable heart surgeon with a show on TV?) says daily meditation will reduce your stress. Maybe a little yoga could help? When you have the munchies you can: drink lots of water; head a head of lettuce; go for a walk; brush your teeth; or, eat one teaspoon and savor that taste while you are locking the 'munchies' away. And everyone is right: using all caps just increases your and our stress levels. Not healthy. You take care now---hear? (southern expression). BJB :flowerforyou:
  • txcwgirl
    txcwgirl Posts: 127 Member
    Darling, please understand you just started this journey and your body is still adjusting. Please make sure you are eating enough and stop and think it won't all come off fast or easy. I have been stuck on a plateau for over a month now and I'm fustrated but I'm not giving up on it. Watch your salt intake and make sure you are getting plenty of water to drink, look for add salt in what you are eating.

Good Luck and calm down a small gain is nothing in the big scheme of things. :happy:
This discussion has been closed.