Not new, but looking for friends....

Options
I am by far not new here, but that is not an excuse to not try and get some new fitness friends.
I am a 23 year old female student who is going to university full time, but I have managed to maintain a healthy lifestyle regardless. I started losing weight about a year and a half ago (I weighed 220 lbs), after I started having issues with depression, high blood pressure, high (bad) cholesterol, and being pre-diabetic because of it. I won’t go into detail, but my life was pretty bad not too long ago due to my weight, bad self-image, being bullied in school, etc. Since then, I have turned my life around, lost 106 pounds (currently weigh around 114 lbs) and feel a lot happier about myself and my life.
The biggest problem I have at the moment is my extreme shyness and a fear of social interactions with other people. This unfortunately also extends into the internet world, which explains why I have been here for quite some time, but never really posted too much.
Despite being bad with social interactions, I love to motivate other people. I had a lot difficulties staying motivated during my weight loss, so I know how it feels to be unmotivated or to feel that you have no support. My “journey” is far from over as I plan on toning my body and maintaining my weight. I never prescribed to any particular “diet” as I decided to opt for a lifestyle change instead. My dairy is open to the public and I track my food honestly, regardless of whether I have eaten too much or too little, because I feel that it makes me more accountable for my actions.
I am not looking for any one group (gender, age, etc.) in particular for friends, just some people who are willing to provide mutual motivation, advice, and accountability. Some other things about me: I am 5’6”, 114 pounds with a daily goal of 1500 cals (recently upped it). I log every day. I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico, going to the University of New Mexico, planning on getting a PhD in Anthropology. I am a huge anime/manga/video game fan (yes, video gamers can be fit too…. :P).
I apologize for such a long post, but I have had it said to me that if I did not explain myself clearly, then people would not understand. I don’t know if that is true or not. I don't have any pictures of me right now, but I will get some up in the near future. Please add me if you want…. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• AmandaMarie916
    AmandaMarie916 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm not really new here either, but also looking for friends. I so admire your journey and accomplishmens! way to go! My weight has always been up and down and I've always been self consious about it. I am shy because of it and even when I was thinner I still felt awkard in social situations. I gained alot of weight when I had my son and got lazy getting it off and now am fighting because I have kidney disease and if I get diabetes than its going to be bad. I got 28 lbs to my goal weight and could use some tips and support.
  • HindsightBias2009
    HindsightBias2009 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm technically not new either, but never really used my account much (ended up using Lose It instead) - so this is my first time actually USING myfitnesspal.
    A little about me, as I still need to update my profile. I'm a 24 year old female and have been struggling with my weight my entire life. I'd lost over 70 pounds at one point a few years ago, but through grad school, being sick off and on, moving, and taking on a new romantic relationship, I've gained and lost about 20-30lbs of that 70lbs a few times. I really want to get back on track. I'm very in to doing Zumba for cardio (I go to Zumba classes 4-5 times a week) and I do enjoy weight training, so I am mostly struggling with the nutrition part. I know what I need to do, I think I'm just looking for some motivation and accountability in order to do it! I know you can't out-exercise a bad diet and I'm tired of beating myself up over it!

Anywho, the fact that you've lost over 100lbs is VERY inspiring to me, seeing how I want to lose around 120lbs. I know it'll be a long journey, but as one of my favorite quotes says: "Never give up on a dream just because of the amount of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."
  • jessykab74
    jessykab74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me ladies. I have found when I added friends nont only has it given me more motivation but I have also learned alot.

Jessica
  • MizVandyk
    MizVandyk Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    am by far a newbie but always looking for awesome people to keep me motivated. If you are active on here please add me =)
  • SportyLadyPhotographer
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I dont mind what gender/age you are
    I understand how bad bullying is as I was x