Review My Food Diary - looking for advice

Options
Just recently started MFP. I have 10 unwanted pounds to lose due to stress and menopause; plus want to pick up healthier eating habits. Looking for feed back on whether or not I am on the right track or what improvements need to be made. Thank you for your advice.

Replies

• chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I personally think you are making some great food choices! Looks like you eat a well rounded diet. I say keep it up!

You are also welcome to check out my food diary if you would like ideas on how to fill your day :)
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    You're not eating very much--how many pounds are you trying to lose per week? With only 10 pounds to lose, the recommendation is to aim for half a pound a week.

I agree that in general you seem to be making healthy choices (although you're under on protein about half the time). It's just that your net is always under 1100, and in the past week was as low as 937. Unless you're very petite, that's not enough for basic body function.
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Hi hun , send me a friend request and you can look at my dairy and see what i'm eating and not eating and when. I do not do dairy, white foods , sugar, red meat once in a while, I use Mrs. Dash for flavor, olive oil spray only, no salt , sodium is nasty for holding on to water weight.. I will be 49 next week, and this works for me I also workout 5-6 days a week.. I love weighlifting , keeping muscle as we age is crucial.. I eat super fresh clean food..
  • brendabryden
    brendabryden Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your input. It takes time to learn to eat better and accept that you will only lose a little at a time even though that is the healthy way to do it. Agreed, I should maybe eat a little more but I am afraid I won't lose anything then. I will work on that. I do try to make sure I exercise 5 or 6 days a week to help burn some of those calories.
  • wisconsinboogie
    wisconsinboogie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You should try to eat 5-6 small meals per day, it keeps your metabolism up, otherwise healthy choices, more calories.:smooched:wink: