need to do this to live!!!

Options
my name is val
this feels a little bit like a AA meeting but lets be honest i would be here if i could control myself
i am a elementary school teaching student and i am 24
i am 300 pounds yup i said it
this week i was in class and felt chess pain
scared the hell out of me
then i realised if i kept this up i would die
so i need to loose weight and not only for my health but because i hate
seeing myself in the mirror
my boyfriend is a saint and he would never say a word but
i know hed like me to be healthier at least
so here i am my dream goal is to loose 160 pounds
so lets just stay ill start with 10 pounds and take it from there
it seems less scary
So i do this for myself but also one day i want babies and with this health
its gonna be bad for them and dangerous for me
also ill look like a fat marshmallow in a wedding dress
so lets go
its good to find a site that is free and that other people are doing this too

valerie:flowerforyou:

Replies

• jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Let's go girl...and here's to the first 10 pounds......:smile:

Jean
  • MightyMie
    MightyMie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good for you and welcome,
  • Charlixoxo
    Charlixoxo Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good luck, you will find a lot of support on this site from a lot of lovely people.
    I will add you as a friend and we can motivate and support each other on this journey,

Xoxo
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You can do it!!!
  • meriken
    meriken Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    good luck val hard work but worth it
  • labtracks
    labtracks Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You will find lots of supportive people here. Friend people (you can friend me) and use them for support. When I feel discouraged I always browse the "success stories" posts. So many people there that have truly amazing stories and photos and so inspirational. Take a before photo now to inspire you. You don't have to show it to anyone, but you will be happy you have it later when you can see your progress. Here's to the first 10!
  • MrsGonsalves16
    MrsGonsalves16 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey I'll add you I'd be happy to motivate and support you along the way, I too am 24 at 216lb and really need to lose the weight!! There's some lovely people on here too :) you can do it for sure!! Good luck xx
  • empot
    empot Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I started exactly where you are so I know the journey. Don't beat yourself up about mistakes along the way, just always be honest and come back to the lifestyle. You'll do great! The support here is so valuable!
  • FitBlackChick
    FitBlackChick Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Welcome. A few things to ensure your success:

1. Make sure that you set goals, and stick to them.
    2. There are no excuses. You either want to, or you dont. And your actions define your desire.
    3. Ensure that your setting are correct, and you update them.
    4. Get an HRM that has KCal burn reading. Nothing fancy, but you will find that MFP's entries are estimated and usually high. I have tried 5 different ones on over a year...The Polar FT7, in my experience, was the easiest to set up and use.
    5. Your Mindset is 85% of your battle, Your diet 10%, and exercise 5%
    6. Truly understand the difference between an asshat and someone trying to be funny in the forums. If you post something, put in the right forum to get the best response. If you post is in Fun & games, expect MASS SARCASM.
    7. ENJOY THE RIDE!!!!!!!!
  • val0910
    val0910 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    told my bf about it and he said '' i love you the way you are and i think that you are really pretty but i would like you to keep you around for a lifetime so yeah it would be a good idea that you loose weight''
    i love him with all my soul and i want to be around for a lifetime if its to be with him so
    yeah thanks baby good motivation talk
    #makesmyheartmelt
  • krhale11
    krhale11 Posts: 8
    Options
    Good luck! Trust me, once you make the choice to change your life, there's no looking back and every day and every pound feel like a blessing! You can do this!!!
  • deedeeFP
    deedeeFP Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi, welcome! add me as a friend if you'd like and I'll help as much as I can in motivating you.
  • PietrosMom
    Options
    You can do it! I know what it is like being crunched for time with all the lesson planning, data portfolio, grading, etc....and then there is your own personal stuff, but make sure you put time in the day for YOU. You are worth it and can do it. We are all here for one another.