Frustrated with my gym

Options
So this post is purely a vent. I live in a SMALL community. I have to drive 40 minutes to get to work. Then I work a 10 hour day and make that same 40 minute drive back home. I car pooled for years, which I loved. But then last year, I decided to join a club. This meant no more carpooling, and an extra hour away from home. I tried going after work, but I would wuss out almost every single night. So then I started going before work.

Hello 4 AM alarm clock.

It was hard to adjust to getting up earlier, but I pushed few and adjusted after a few weeks. I now have no night life cause I go to bed early, so I can get up at 4 am. But that is beside the point.

When I started going in the morning, I started seeing results. That's what happens when you work out every day. I feel like it has adjusted my whole life, and my friendships have suffered because of it. But it was worth it to me. I've been paying for gas (vs. the carpooling of every few days gas) AND a membership fee. But it has been worth it to me.

Now the vent. Since January, the owner has talked about closing. First she is going to when her contract is up in May. Then she isn't going to close. Then she is. Then she isn't. I wanted to sign up for the Complete program (which is more money), but didn't dare because I was afraid I wouldn't get my money's worth. Finally, when I decide to sign up, the owner says she isn't signing anymore up because she is defainatly closing. UGG!

I wanted to just throw a fit and quit then, but I've decided to see it through until the end.

Then, this morning, her worker said she is back to saying she'll stay open. Which is a whole different vent. She has really jerked this worker around. This gal is a single mom and NEEDS the income, so having her job on the line has been super stressful. She just barely found a new job that would start her now, but she told them she needs to see this place through to the end, which is supposed to be less then a month away.

We both agree, we've lost the momentum for this place. Even if she did stay open, I think the worker has decided to go to the other job. She promised the owner she would work until April, and told the new place she could start in April. She doesn't want to back down on her word to the new place. And she doesn't know if she can handle this owner anyways with all her wishy washy decision making. (This has been a problem in other areas too, like advertising, etc.)

I'm just bummed. I was heart broke when they said they would close. Then excited they wouldn't. Then heart broken again. Just this morning, when the alarm went off at 3:55, I thought "one more month, then I can start sleeping in again." I have already decided that with the warmer weather, I'm going to start walking my dog a couple miles each day. Then I can also carpool again.

So when I heard this morning that she MIGHT stay open, I was just mad. It bothers me that I wasn't happy. And I don't think I'm alone in this. I've noticed several members have taken their shoes home. I worry about some of those who have worked so hard, but don't know if they'll do anything after it closes. I know its their decision, but still, we have built up a good support group, and I am going to miss that.

Its like I knew that door was going to close, so my heart made a new plan. And now, I can't get it to think about the old one again.

Replies

• RachNRoll
    RachNRoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I feel you, it's the same in my area...
    Think about making your own workout program just in case... search online an exercise plan or ask the trainer for some outdoor exercises, so you have a plan B in case the gym closes, i guess...
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Go to Befit channel on youtube. There are numerous exercise videos there from bootcamp to yoga, zumba. JM.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I had a job like that once ......

Find a new place or a new routine ..... you are wasting too much of your life energy on this nutball & her problems ...... besides, one day you might show up to find the place padlocked :noway:

BTW, congrats on your new lifestyle ...... keep up the good work !