Am I really overweight ?

Options

Replies

• Jane_1705
    Jane_1705 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You look totally amazing you have the complete package.
    Just for info not sure if you remember the games show gladiators but technically all the female gladiators were obese just going by BMI alone!
    Measure all your stats: body fat, waist hips etc regularly.
    Do what u think is right for you in terms on setting yourself fitness goals.

Edit: I also love the outfit
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    You look very nice. Relax.
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Don't be so silly you look fantastic I'd love you have. A body like yours x
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    this is a stupid post and the chick has confidence issues.. hahahhahahahah
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    your outfit is adorbs!!!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I'm only just in the healthy BMI range and I'm about 22% body fat... so don't trust BMI to say whether or not you're overweight... you do not look overweight to me at all.

As you're already fairly lean, I'd suggest basing your goal on body fat percentage rather than weight, or at least calculate your goal weight based on your current body fat percentage. I'm working on getting my body fat percentage down to 18-20%, I don't really care that much what I weigh at that percentage, I'd like to weigh not too much less than I do now, as I'd like to gain some lean mass as well, but I do care what I look like in the mirror.
  • I'm 1.68 and my goal weight is 70kg. My doctor believes I should be between 56-64kg but that is the size of my sister and she looks unhealthy thin. At 70kg my BMI will still be considered overweight but frankly I don't care about BMI.

You look amazing and healthy. And I'd kill to have your legs they are gorgeous.
  • sarski77
    sarski77 Posts: 79
    Options
    No way on earth you are overweight - you look lovely and healthy and I'm sure there's a lot of us who wish to have a body like yours.

Screw the BMI and plans made purely on numbers I say - according to the BMI scale, I should be around 58kg (for 1.64m)... A couple of years ago I got down to 62kg and looked seriously ill.
  • RobinV_Seattle
    RobinV_Seattle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You don't look overweight in your photo. You can always work on your overall muscle growth and fitness, but I wouldn't focus on the scale if I were you.

^^^
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, NOPE you're not overweight!

I just wanted to add, I had terrible back problems, so debilitating I couldn't move at times.....since working out and improving my strength and building some muscle to support my back I have barely any problems and certainly not the chronic pain I used to get.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    nope
    you are not fat, you look healthy. not skinny not fat
    as for back: did your doctor told you you need to lose weight because of your back?
    the alternative to losing weight would be strenghtening and building muscles (exercises that target core) so the muscles can help you to carry the weight
  • notsuchaskinnybitch
    Options
    Me too! she looks amazing.
  • SteveK279
    SteveK279 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Not overweight - even using BMI if you assume 69.5Kg you're actually exactly at the crossover point for the old BMI and the newer proposed BMI which both give 24.33388 and that's within the 18.5-25 range described as "Normal"
  • chrisjathompson
    chrisjathompson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,
    yes, the word "overweight" is really scary, and I've heard it for the first time applied to me. I've even read it in my workout plan the guys from gym gave me.
    The thing is, I never saw myself as an overweight person, I've always seen a chubby/curvy woman but not overweight... am I in denial ?

I'm 1.69m and my weight is around 69-70Kg at the moment. My goal is to get down to 64-65Kg. Weight is really important to me because I have back problems, and I need to be less heavier.
    Please give me your opinion... I'm not here fishing for any compliment, but I'm starting to think I've been so wrong all along and I'm actually overweight and a joke of a body :(

This is the most recent picture I took (took it for my blog last sunday):

DSC00566.jpg

I know that some people have disorders, like they're really skinny and see themselves as fat, could I been suffering from the opposite? :(

Nope, stunning :)
  • lopa_shah
    lopa_shah Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If that is how being labelled "overweight" looks like, i want to be "Overweight" too, just to look like you.
    You look great, a nice healthy person to me. I would even think of you skinny if i came across you on the street.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I can't tell.

You need to take your clothes off.
  • RachNRoll
    RachNRoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, NOPE you're not overweight!

I just wanted to add, I had terrible back problems, so debilitating I couldn't move at times.....since working out and improving my strength and building some muscle to support my back I have barely any problems and certainly not the chronic pain I used to get.

Yes, you're right, I do feel much better lately that I've been exercizing and eating healthy than before, and it's one of the reasons I keep doing it and pushing myself harder.
    nope
    you are not fat, you look healthy. not skinny not fat
    as for back: did your doctor told you you need to lose weight because of your back?
    the alternative to losing weight would be strenghtening and building muscles (exercises that target core) so the muscles can help you to carry the weight

yes... well, when I was diagnosed with this problem 6 years ago I was 64Kg and my doctor advised me not to gain weight and to strenght my muscules, so I have that goal in mind. I gained weight after that (to 75Kg) and it was really hard for me to carry all that, so I loose until these 70Kg. Still need to loose a bit more tho and keep on strenghtning for sure!
  • MeanSophieCat
    MeanSophieCat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    If you need peace of mind, find out your body fat % as others have suggested.

My husband is 6'5" and very muscular - he's put a lot of work into muscle growth. With a defined 6-pack and a low bf %, his doctor says he is technically obese. He looks fantastic and doesn't let it bother him.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Who told you that you were overweight? Where do they live? They need their *kitten* kicked.

ETA: My husband is a professional pervert, and he said to tell you you're hot and not to believe otherwise!
  • wwmorrow
    wwmorrow Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    There is no way you are overweight!!!!!!!!!! I would pay serious money to look that good!!!