how long did it take you to get your goal weight?

Options
I have just 25 lbs to lose at 150lbs now. My goal was to get in done in 5 weeks, but it's been 1.5 weeks and I have no progress. How long did you take you to reach your goal? and is my goal unrealistic..

Replies

• leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I think it is very unrealistic. I have lost 23 lbs since January 1st (about 10 weeks)... but I also started at 207 lbs. When I reach 150 it is going to be very hard/impossible for me to keep up with the weight loss time frame I am currently on. When I get to 150 I am expecting about 1-2 lbs a MONTH loss.

Pick healthy meal choices, eat with in your calories, and exercise. If you are doing that, it is just a matter of time and patience.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    By the time I reach my goal, it will probably be 2.5 to 2.75 years. My average weekly loss will probably end up around .75 lbs per week as its slowed down a lot lately.

For someone your size to lose 25 lbs, it would probably take at least 25 weeks.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    15 months, and the nearer I got to my goal, the less I targeted to lose a week (the last 10% I targeted a 0.5 lb a week loss).

25 lbs is not a lot to lose, and I would not expect to lose this weight healthily within 5 weeks. Aiming for 1 lb per week would be more realistic.

Good luck with your weight loss.
  • aladams83
    aladams83 Posts: 47
    Options
    The safest amount to lose a week is no more than 2 lbs a week. At first its going to be nothing but water weight... once you move into your 2nd month it will be more fat loss. :) Good luck. Just make sure you don't hurt yourself. Plus taking it off at this rate (1-2 lbs per week) is going to give you success in keeping it off in the long run! GOOD LUCK!
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    My goal follows MFP guidelines. It's 1 pound/week. So far I'm right on schedule and don't even feel like I'm dieting. :smile:
  • chaaalgeo
    chaaalgeo Posts: 70
    Options
    hi I have lost 23lbs since the start of the year
  • bluecrayonz
    bluecrayonz Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    im 5 4 and 142ish.... i want to lose 20 pounds and the weight is inching off very slowly but i am toning up alot faster
  • dstromley1
    dstromley1 Posts: 165
    Options
    thats 5 lbs a week, its possible but not healthy, dont go by a number on the scale use the mirror, judging by your pictures theres no way you need to lose 25 more lbs
  • BigBigBertha
    BigBigBertha Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I started on December 24th (2012) at 155lbs, looking to lose 33lbs. So far it's taken me 11 weeks of logging and exercise to lose 14lbs. So yeah, I do think your goal is unrealistic... it's frustrating, I know, but trying to lose weight sensibly (and keep it off) from a lower start weight takes a lot of time. Currently I average 0.5lbs loss per week. I wish it was more, but I know it's realistic! Good luck :)
  • Supastarrnikki
    Options
    thats 5 lbs a week, its possible but not healthy, dont go by a number on the scale use the mirror, judging by your pictures theres no way you need to lose 25 more lbs

thanks but im 150 lbs, i have alot of belly fat and hip fat, and even fat on my thighs and cannnot freaking stand the fat on my hips. love handles are so unatractive.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    About 3 months for 20 pounds.
  • Supastarrnikki
    Options
    About 3 months for 20 pounds.

3 months? I might be able to handle that... what was your starting weight.
  • dstromley1
    dstromley1 Posts: 165
    Options

thanks but im 150 lbs, i have alot of belly fat and hip fat, and even fat on my thighs and cannnot freaking stand the fat on my hips. love handles are so unatractive.

HAha typical female answer, id have to disagree . But seriously dont worry about the number its meaningless. USe the mirror and how ur clothes are fitting.
  • Supastarrnikki
    Options

I dont think the number is meaningless, and i do use the mirror and my clothes still dont fit any loser, i need to be like at least a size 5 and im not,

HAha typical female answer, id have to disagree . But seriously dont worry about the number its meaningless. USe the mirror and how ur clothes are fitting.
  • Liftnlove
    Liftnlove Posts: 235
    Options
    I have just 25 lbs to lose at 150lbs now. My goal was to get in done in 5 weeks, but it's been 1.5 weeks and I have no progress. How long did you take you to reach your goal? and is my goal unrealistic..

Yes, it's unrealistic and unhealthy. Sorry :(

I started at 163 lbs, and it took me about 6 months to lose 30 lbs....that's about 5 lbs a month, and trust me, I worked my *kitten* off.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I went from around 178 to 120-125. It took me about 18 months to get to 125, and it's just been slowly over the past year that I've played with the 5 pounds up and down.
  • sciontc2
    sciontc2 Posts: 15
    Options
    I have lost 20lbs started 4jan and as of today 13mar ttl is 20lbs. I just now starting exercising so I hope that will allow me
    to drop more lbs to meet my weight lost goal. I can now get into my jeans which are now baggie, but soon I will purchase one pair so have one that fits.
  • Supastarrnikki
    Options

Yes, it's unrealistic and unhealthy. Sorry :(

I started at 163 lbs, and it took me about 6 months to lose 30 lbs....that's about 5 lbs a month, and trust me, I worked my *kitten* off.
    wow your relsults are freaking amazing though
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    It took me about 6 months to lose 35 pounds, but I started considerably heavier than you are--at 200, so a little over a pound a week wasn't difficult. Now I'm trying to lose about 15 more pounds, and am aiming for .5 pounds a week.
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options

Depending on genetics, you may always carry more fat in these places than you'd like. And as women, we carry fat on our hips and thighs. It's just what happens. Lift some weights(heavy weights, mind you) and the fat won't matter as much. Focus on getting fit and healthy, not just shifting weight. By the numbers, I'm down four pounds from where I started a year or so ago, but my whole body composition has changed. Don't play the numbers game. It's a vicious cycle.