Slim Fast 3 2 1

Options
The new slim fast plan is to have 3 snacks, 2 slimfast meals and one health meal each day. I was looking for alternatives to the slimfast meals. I can't imagine my meal being a bar. Any suggestions on what I should substitute for lunch. I was just going to have a 200 calorie meal.

Replies

• wallena
    wallena Posts: 32
    Options
    hmm. not much to eat for 200 cal. you could try making your own low-fat chicken salad and using low-cal bread. that's pretty good. or a low-fat stirfry. good luck.
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Grilled white meat chicken and zucchini? Sounds good to me.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Well, I suppose you could have a salad with a very low cal dressing, like a vinegrette. However, I would be very wary of using slim fast as a diet plan or way to lose weight. I did some research on this for my fitness newsletter and this is what I found.

Have you ever looked at the ingredients in Slim Fast? I went to their website and here is the list of ingredients:

Fat free milk, water, sugar, cocoa (processed with alkali), gum Arabic, calcium caseinate, cellulose gel, canola oil, potassium phosphate, cellulose gum, soybean lecithin, mono and dyglicerides, artificial flavor, carrageenan, maltodextrin and dextrose.

These ingredients are primarily meant to make you feel full and to give you a sugar high. The company encourages people to at least 2 meals a day that includes one of their products for each one, and one sensible meal at night with snacking in between. Of course, the snacks would also be Slim Fast products. It appears that Slim Fast's main goal may be to encourage you to eat less of regular everyday foods and replace them with Slim fast products. This will result in less food and less calories, but it is not delivering the proper amount of nutrition to your body while doing so.

If you want a meal replacement shake that is full of nutrition, whole foods, vitamins, minerals, probiotics etc. where you can be sure you are not putting chemicals or artificial sweeteners in your body, I recommend Shakeology. I'd be glad to tell you more about it. Just send me a note.

:drinker: To your Health....and to keeping the weight off through a healthy lifestyle change.
    Risa