Not losing any weight - Anybody on WW???

Options
Good Morning MFP Family!!!! So I'm not down yet, but getting there. I have been seriously watching what I eat and staying under my calories (all except 2 days in the last 2 weeks and that was only by like 200 calories). Since I started dieting (today is day 14) I have gained 3 pounds. It just isn't working for me and I have no idea what I am doing wrong. At the very least I should be maintaining my weight, but I am actually GAINING weight. So I think I may want to try out Weight Watchers and was just curious if anyone is on WW while using MFP? I would really love some input. Thanks

Alesha!

Replies

• freakincampers
    Options
    You should track weight by the week. Also, your diet, is it something you can live with?

I changed to 2% milk instead of whole. Small changes equal big results over time.
  • goingtolose
    Options
    WW is a great way to get your eating under control. It gives you a point value for all food you eat and as long as you only eat to that set of points you lose. I have lost 50 lbs by using WW. I have been trying MFP for about 6 weeks and have also gained a few pounds but I am trying to figure out how many calories I have been consuming. I think I am going to start using my points again and only use MFP to record foods and keep up with posts.

Good luck
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    We were just discussing this on another thread, you can read it here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/92144-weight-watchers-anyone
  • ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    Options
    i lost 60lbs on ww before, but stopped because i couldn't afford it. to me this plan is working great and it's free. plus i like the peeps on here much better. maybe you need to increase your calories a bit. are you exercising?
  • fitzgeraldc
    Options
    I have used weight watchers in the past and found that is did work very well. I lost 60 pounds on the program about four years ago, and for the most part have kept it off, (I did gain 10 pounds back). I noticed that you said that you are not eating all of your calories. somethin I learned in W.W. is that you may not lose if you do that. Sometimes your body feels like it is not getting all the nutrition it needs and it will try to hold onto some of the fat. Try to use all your calories, even if it is just for a week and see what happens. Good luck!
  • sweetrevenge
    Options
    You should track weight by the week. Also, your diet, is it something you can live with?

I changed to 2% milk instead of whole. Small changes equal big results over time.

Yes I do track by the week, I weigh myself once a week.

I am willing to take out anything in my diet that I can to start shedding the pounds. I don't drink cow's milk, I haven't for a couple of years now. I drink almond milk and I switched from sweetened to unsweetened, HUGE difference in taste which I can get used to and I can do that with anything else that I need to. UGH....Just so damn frustrated at this point.
  • xecila
    xecila Posts: 99
    Options
    One thing I noticed, looking at your diary, is that you're over on your sodium quite a few days. Trying to cut that a bit might help. And have you added exercise to your routine yet? Even just a walk here and there can help.

Freakincampers - is your name a video game reference? If so, it made me laugh. A lot.
  • sweetrevenge
    Options
    i lost 60lbs on ww before, but stopped because i couldn't afford it. to me this plan is working great and it's free. plus i like the peeps on here much better. maybe you need to increase your calories a bit. are you exercising?

I have been exercising, but in the last couple of days I really lost motivation to do that because all is see is the pounds going on. I was supposed to go to spin class this morning and opted to sleep in
  • ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    Options
    i would increase your calorie intake by 200-300 calories for one week and see how that goes. best of luck to you. ♥
  • mstuehm
    mstuehm Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I did WW lost 30 pounds and have gain most of it back. I think in many cases being aware of what you eat and how much you eat really is the key. I found that when I ate my calories for the day I was right at my points for WW. It takes time for your body to adjust and at first you might see a little weight gain but it should start to come of. I know that on the WW tracker they also have a grid where you track you hungry sensation, so try to pick food that are naturally more filling. Try increasing you activity level, push it up just a notch. I am starting out slowly since I just jumped back on the wagon again. Good luck.
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    My wife has lost weight on Weight Watchers. She's lost weight on Jenny Craig. She's lost weight on Nutrisystem.

Problem is that it's the same pounds.

The problem with these systems that you buy the pre-packaged food is that, sooner or later, you stop eating it and the weight comes back.

Have to eat healthy and exercise.
  • sweetrevenge
    Options
    I have used weight watchers in the past and found that is did work very well. I lost 60 pounds on the program about four years ago, and for the most part have kept it off, (I did gain 10 pounds back). I noticed that you said that you are not eating all of your calories. somethin I learned in W.W. is that you may not lose if you do that. Sometimes your body feels like it is not getting all the nutrition it needs and it will try to hold onto some of the fat. Try to use all your calories, even if it is just for a week and see what happens. Good luck!

Thanks, I think I'm going to give it a try tomorrow evening.
  • sweetrevenge
    Options
    One thing I noticed, looking at your diary, is that you're over on your sodium quite a few days. Trying to cut that a bit might help. And have you added exercise to your routine yet? Even just a walk here and there can help.

Freakincampers - is your name a video game reference? If so, it made me laugh. A lot.

Sodium? Hhhmmm.....Okay I will definitely take a look at that. And yes I have been exercising a couple of days a week.
  • carol1962
    carol1962 Posts: 10
    Options
    hi yes im counting point on ww but dont go to the meeting as i cant afford too. one thing is for sure as i found out the hard way if you dont eat enough you gain weight . because your body is being staved so when you do eat your grab the food and stores it to fat .
  • pbxr
    pbxr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm not on WW, but I would like to encourage you that sometimes, some people, some body styles, etc., have to work hard for each pound. I've carried my extra 60 pounds long enough now that my body is "content" to keep it, you know? I've been doing this faithfully for 70+ days, exercising regularly, making good food choices and I've only dropped 16 pounds in that time. It appears I'm going to have to work my butt off for each & every pound.

It's easy to get discouraged when you don't see the pounds falling off, but I try to remember I didn't become overweight overnight & it's going to take awhile to get it off ~ IF I want it to STAY off. Eat smart, exercise, record what's going in your mouth. The weight loss will come. You can do it!!! :smile:
  • k_wills
    k_wills Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I gained as soon as i started doing this....but that was because i had been doing an extremely restricted carb diet....And as soon as i started eating normally i gained weight.
    Some checks to make; Is your food/drink reporting accurate in terms of quantity/ calories? Is your daily allowance based on your actual weight? Are you adding calories back in from exercise? (check calories burnt is accurate) you may be under eating and your body has gone in to starvation mode...thus holding on to what you are eating, or you may be overeating by adding too many back from exercise)
    Hope this helps...but keep going.... it will work!
  • kl4279
    kl4279 Posts: 2
    Options
    I was not loosing either. I started a diet called The Belly Fat Cure. I have lost 3lbs and I have not been on it for a week yet. There is a book that you can purchase with many recipes in it, our you can try it for a week by going to bellyfatcure.com to see what to eat. It is so simple. You get to eat normal food and when I went shopping I did not have a huge bill buying a bunch of new stuff that I never eat. That is a definite advantage to the program. Also I get to have wine and chocolate everyday! I hope this helps:smile:
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Yesterday the banana you picked is wrong, you have 0 - 0 - 0 (someone put in wrong info).

You are having alot of sugar. I would try to reduce the amount of sugar you are having IMO.
    Your dannon low fat yogurt even with 1/2 a cup has 17 grams of sugar. (Low fat - high sugar)

Good luck.