Fitbit users question

Options
So when I started back in April I got a fitbit ultra. I loved it and used it for about 6 months. I can't remember why I stopped using it but I have been using a HRM to track my cardio workouts for the last 3 months.

I love my HRM but I got the urge to drag out the old fitbit again to play with.

My question is this, do I wear the fitbit AND HRM when I do cardio? I like the accurate numbers my HRM gives me and I like manually logging my cardio calories burned. But wouldn't the fitbit sync with MFP and give me skewed readings?

Or should I leave it behind when I go for a run and then add the HRM burns manually?

Replies

• Christy175
    Christy175 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My guess would be leave the fitbit behind for runs and manually log the heart rate monitor. The heart rate monitor will be more accurate. However I dont think the fitbit would skew your numbers if you left it on for the run though. I've notice MFP goes by your highest entry fitbit or manual, it doesn't double dip.
  • woodsy0912
    woodsy0912 Posts: 323
    Options
    I'll just try it out today and play around with it. I miss this little guy!
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I wear my Fitbit 24 hour a day. I have had it for over a year. I just take it off to shower. I use the HRM when I exercise. The Fitbit tells me how many steps I have taken. I don't use it for calories as it is way off.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    My guess would be leave the fitbit behind for runs and manually log the heart rate monitor. The heart rate monitor will be more accurate. However I dont think the fitbit would skew your numbers if you left it on for the run though. I've notice MFP goes by your highest entry fitbit or manual, it doesn't double dip.

^^^^^This