which wii fitness game do you all prefer and why?

Options
lklkl5
lklkl5 Posts: 113 Member
Looking into adding a wii game to my regimen. Tell me your favorites and why. Also which accessories are necessary if you don't mind.

Replies

• amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    wii fit is fun. it requires the board and the hand controller, the nunchuk can be useful for one or two of the games in the wii-fit
    get the wii fit plus version, much better. It does have real exercises, the avatars are cartoony. the game section includes snow fights, hula hoop and skiing.

"my fitness coach, get in shape" only requires the controller. a HRM is a good thing to have. also can use hand weights a fitball and a step if you want. I use some matting to reduce impact. this is more serious than the wii fit game and can give you a very good cardio work out. your trainer mixes it up each day for you.

I also have "my fitness coach dance" which requires two hand controllers. it says one but it really only works well with two. I have trouble keeping up with her instructions. I rekon when I am more in shape with the "get in shape" programme this will be easier
  • tulalula
    tulalula Posts: 9
    Options
    ZUMBA.....fantastic fun!
  • hhayes06
    hhayes06 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA.....fantastic fun!

I agree with this, the only thing you need Wii wise is the hand contoller and the belt that holds it, the belt comes with the Zumba package. Oh, you also need a mindset that allows you to look like a trapped gazelle in a wildfire. You will look silly at first!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    For a real workout I don't think you can beat EA Sports Active 2, Gold's Gym Cardio boxing game comes a close second.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    The only one I've tried is Just Dance 4 that includes a Just Sweat feature where you can pick different workouts. I usually do just the Just Dance for easy cardio on "rest" days. I like it because it's fun, I can go for about 45mins-hour withiout even realizing how long I've been exercising, I can do it with my kids (2 and 3 y/o) and they have fun too. I lost my first 20 or so pounds using mostly Just Dance 4, I started at 240 on Dec 27th and was down to 220 by Feb 11th.