Best Weight Loss Method?

Options
tiniboppa
tiniboppa Posts: 14 Member
Hey guys!

What would you consider to be the most effective weight loss method?

Replies

• Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    The one that works for you and the one that you can stick to as a lifestyle. Aside from that, the possibilities are endless.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    caloric deficit.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy whole real foods... and exercise..

ohh yea.. and eat less then you burn..

diets/methods don't work..

Only teaching yourself to eat properly and exercising is the path to true health.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    cutting off limbs.
  • carmgo
    carmgo Posts: 6
    Options
    I have loved this GPP workout and diet plan. I have been doing the burst cycle diet for 3 weeks and I've lost 9 lbs. They have awesome workouts posted on their web. Biggest Loser even borrowed some of their workouts. I started working out in January and LOVE IT! I've tried just about every other gym and workout that is out there, this by far keeps my interest and challenges me. http://www.gppfit.com/

They post their workouts and diet plans and they love to here about your results.

FYI Bust cycle is a great way to gain control of your body, it's a way to increase your metabolism. GPP will also help you with understanding nutrition. I took a challenge class and learned about balancing fats, carbs and proteins. Finding what is best for your body since we are all different.
  • Brebrelynne
    Brebrelynne Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Low carb lol i'm doing that right now have a minimum or 20g carbs a day (mine is 10) and your fat will start to eat itself make sure to take vitamins though. :) So far I lost a total of 4lbs in 2 days...Just started....oh and yah caloric deficit as well a hour of exercise!
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    The one that works for you and the one that you can stick to as a lifestyle. Aside from that, the possibilities are endless.

^^^This!
    For me, it means counting calories, eating foods that are high in protein and filling (chicken), and eating foods that I enjoy (chocolate, tacos, enchiladas) in moderation. Oh, and I'm doing something I haven't done in 30 years. I'm exercising, not a lot, but as much as I can comfortably do.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Eat at a caloric deficit and exercise.
  • trogalicious
    Options
    no, seriously. that's really all that matters.
  • carmgo
    Options
    Yeah!!! Take the basic diet plan on GPP and try it for a week or two, then evaluate what is working try increasing proteins or healthy fats or carbs and try again for the next week. If you try it you will find what works for your body.

Caloric deficient will allow you to lose pounds but you have to be careful to not lose nutrition or it will back fire and your body will go into starvation mode and gain back or worse double. Find a good vitamin eat healthy foods and cut excess sodium and unhealthy fats.
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    Surgery.
  • pouringraina
    pouringraina Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    cutting off limbs.

This.
  • trogalicious
    Options
    Yeah!!! Take the basic diet plan on GPP and try it for a week or two, then evaluate what is working try increasing proteins or healthy fats or carbs and try again for the next week. If you try it you will find what works for your body.
    they blindly advocate 1200 calorie diets. Just because you drank the kool-aid doesn't mean that the OP is going to relocate to Oklahoma to join this gym.

All they have to do is eat at a proper caloric deficit to lose weight. They can add in exercise if they want to get faster, stronger, and healthier.

Not every person has to subscribe to some gym's mantra to have success. Like, they say one of the first steps is to spit out a twinkie if you're eating one while reading their FAQ. No. If someone has a twinkie, they better savor it for all it has left.

ETA: Not only that, telling someone -again- blindly to eat different for 2 weeks on some plan that your gym gave you, not knowing their BMR, TDEE, activity level... any other issues, is just bad information.
  • chica6578
    chica6578 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Surgery.

^^ this, but i prefer the do-it-yourself kinds.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    I'm betting for some it's divorce.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

this is answer . i hope you don't overlook it due to its simplicity.
  • carmgo
    Options
    One sure way too, is to cute all carbonated drinks and increase water to 64 oz a day. This alone will help you lose weight.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Moderate calorie deficit
    Ensure you get in your daily macro/micro nutrients
    Exercise you can continue to do for life
    Rest

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    One sure way too, is to cute all carbonated drinks and increase water to 64 oz a day. This alone will help you lose weight.
    Water weight.

IDEA Fitness member
  • carmgo
    Options
    You don't have to join the gym, sweetie, its a start and you adjust to how your body responds. It works.:wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!