My name is Jessa..........

Options
Hello All..
I've been somewhat of a lurker for a few weeks so I decided to officially introduce myself. I'm 30, live in Dallas and I LOVE this app on my iPhone. I only started coming to the actual site about a month ago. I didn't realize all the different things not included on the iPhone app. But I'm not hatin', that app has gotten me down 21 lbs so far.

I seriously started working out and dieting on Feb 9th. On July 9th I am going on a tubing trip. I gave myself 20 weeks to lose 20 lbs. I wanted to do it the healthy (slow!) way. 11 weeks into it and I am down 21 lbs. I figured why stop there? So, my short-term goal for the next two months is to lose an additional 10 lbs. In the past I would set unrealistic goals for myself and be discouraged when I didn't reach them and eventually give up. Not this time!

So what's different this time? I log EVERYTHING I put in my mouth. It's amazing how much you'll pay attention to what you eat if you are literally seeing the calories you intake. I've also started working out 5 days a week. 3 days cardio, 2 days weight training. So far, so good. It's working and health wise I feel the best I have since high school.

I'm glad this site exists. I visit it often and hope to read more encouraging stories. =]

Replies

• mpomer
    mpomer Posts: 9
    Options
    Hello,

I also am new to this site and love it
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss...keep up the good job :smile:
  • h_w_c
    h_w_c Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello....congratulations on your progress. I just got my iphone recently and chanced across this app and web site. Just started using it and think it will help me to stay focused on my goals and measure progress. Good Luck!
  • deron70
    deron70 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am on my 3rd day with the site and its great.

Its the dieting part that I hate!!!!