Worried

Options
I quit drinking soda 1 week ago along with heavy junk food. I was drinking 5 per day. Now eat fruits vegetables lean meat seafood light yogurt cheese etc. walk 9 miles this week. I'm still afraid to check the scale tomorrow for my first weigh in. Should I be scared?

Replies

• PhiSigAmber
    PhiSigAmber Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    With such a radical change, I'm almost positive you'll see a result on the scale. Don't put too much emphasis on it, though. Use your clothes as your guide. :)
  • Shawnnelson4523
    Options
    Thank u so much
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    No. Even if it went up, the scale is but a number. It is a number that many of us strive to change. But in the end it is only one part of the equation. I have lost about 124 lbs in a little over a year. The real victory though is that at 220 lbs, I wear the same pant size I did when I was 170 and am more fit. I can lift heavier and do more (at 53 years of age)... According to BMI, I am 20 lbs overweight but other than a little tummy fat I am still trying to eliminate, I am ok with where I am. The point is that with lifting weights we improve our lean body mass and by doing so we concentrate our weight in a smaller package. In the end, if I can achieve maybe a 10-12% body fat percentage, I'll be pretty happy with where I am... even if I am TECHNICALLY overweight. The scale is just a number. Keep doing what you are doing and it will eventually drop and you will fit in smaller clothes. You will look and feel better and be healther and in the end that is really all the really matters.
  • Shawnnelson4523
    Options
    Lost 4 pounds in 5 days!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

now please make sure you are doing this right, and not depriving yourself.

You want to retain what lean body mass you have as you lose weight.

are you weight training? this will help ensure that those very important muscles are there at the finish.

if you want to chat PM me.