Workout on Periods!

Options
Is it ok if you dont workout on ur periods? I feel bloated and cramped..! I got no mood to even get up from my chair..! :( Will this affect my weight-loss and progress..? Last few months I used to push myself, but this time I feel really sick.. :mad:

Replies

• hhayes06
    hhayes06 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't hurt to take a week off from exercise but make sure you stick to your food regime. I find that during mine exercise actually makes it easier to handle. I may not have the initial energy but once I get up and get moving I feel much better. I notice the benefits mainly in cramping. However, if you feel physically ill then it is probably better not to push it. May the witch's visit be brief! :flowerforyou:
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I find that a gentle workout helps with cramps etc
  • amypomm
    amypomm Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I push thru. I always feel bad and drained on my period . But I also feel so much better when Im done with the work out. Cramps are much better after. Ive lost weight twice now on my period.
  • RobinV_Seattle
    RobinV_Seattle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I find I actually feel better if I just go and get it done. For the first few days, I am so drained and crampy but, once I'm done, I find I have so much more energy and that my cramps are better when I'm done. I just havb to make sure I'm using adequate, ahem, feminine supplies, lol :blushing:
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    It's "ok" because it's your life, and you make the rules. As long as you control your calorie intake, it shouldn't affect weight loss. A lot of people find that some exercise helps them feel better, but if you're feeling sick and exercise makes it worse, then it doesn't sound like a good idea!