Soles of feet burning -HELP

Options
Leanz
Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
Hi all
I have been runb\ning for about 2 years, did 2 half marathons last year and am registered for anouther 31 March. My old shoes gave up the ghost, we live some distance from a main centre so I only got to the Shoe Clinic last weekend.

They didn't have my NB 880 but checked my out in a new brand. They seemed ok in the shop but when I put them on at home to wear for a while the soles of my feet burned.

On Sunday I went for my run (training to do!!). After 5 kms my feet started burning by 18 kms I thought the skin was coming off my toes so for first time ever I walked home.

Now 4 days later they are still burning - I haven't run today as trying to give my feet a chance - that means I am missing a 90 minute training session.

Does any one have any clues? Please??

Replies

• ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    I struggled with that too. The only solution: different shoes. You probably need a wider pair and I would always recommend buying running shoes half a size bigger than your other shoes. If you had them professionally fitted at Shoe Clinic you've got 90 days to take them back and get a different pair - see if you can find a sales assistant who is also a long distance runner, you'll get a much better fitting shoe.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    Options
    I see you're a Kiwi, are you in Auckland? - the guy who owns Shoe Clinic in Ponsonby is a very experienced marathon runner!
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Oamaru unfortunately! Lady in Dunedin is a runner and she is getting my old model NB880 - from Auckland. Taking a while, fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Did your feet burn while not running as well? Wonder if I have like friction burns!

Thank you so much for your reply!
  • ContraryMaryMary
    Options
    Yes, they'd burn for a few hours afterwards and be tender the next day. Once you find a pair of shoes that work, just keep buying the same ones!