What' it called?

TCASMEY
TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I saw a tv show the other night and someone was on this three wheeled scooter type thing but instead of pushing on the ground to make to go you had to step back an forth on pedals. I thought it looked like an interesting form of exercise, but really do not what to call it as I go to look for them. Does anyone know what it is called? And if you have one give me your impression of it as a form of exercise! Thanks in advance!

Terri

Wow my typing stinks! Meant to call this topic "what's it called?"

Replies

• ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    I saw that. Wasn't it called something like: Rowing Bike??

Sorry - This is not what you are talking about....
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    ohh I think I saw one of the girls on biggest looser use it after they got kicked off. Is it like a step machine with a handle and 3 wheels?
  • TCASMEY
    Thanks, but when I looked up Rowing Bike that was it. This one you were standing upright and it kind of looked like a scooter but wider at the back where you stood to step back and forth to move the bike forward!

Terri
  • TCASMEY
    ohh I think I saw one of the girls on biggest looser use it after they got kicked off. Is it like a step machine with a handle and 3 wheels?

That is probably where I saw it. I can't remember which show but your description sounds corret!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Is this it?

http://rowbike.com/
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    I think this might be what you're talking about: http://www.pumgo.com/

I saw a couple of these on my last trip to San Diego -- looks SO fun. :smile:
  • TCASMEY
    Thanks everyone. Ruth thanks for the memory jog about seeing it on Biggest Loser. I went to Biggest Loser's website and found that Shay is using it and it is called a Streetstrider. Unfortunately they also cost close to $2000. Oh well I'll stay with my biking for now!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Based on your description and a look at the info for pumgo, the scooter version of it looks like what you are talking about and they are considerably less than $2000. Gizmos and gadgets website has one for $179
  • TCASMEY
    The one for $2000 is like an elliptical machine on wheels you move your arms and legs like and elliptical machine and the bike moves down the road.

The pumgo is similar but the one I am thinking of doesn't pedal, ( the round and round motion) it is more like a stepper..stepping back and forth to make the bike move.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    The pumgo doesn't pedal either. It has a stair stepper motion, according to the website and videos I saw. There is no arm motion because it is basically a scooter with one wheel in front and two in back, and the motion of walking up and down like a stair stepper is what moves it. It also has a hand brake.
This discussion has been closed.