Struggling to Cut Down on Carbs...

Options
2»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Is there anything we can eat? Carbs will kill you, fat will kill you, sugar will kill you, wheat, meat, eggs, dairy, bacon, and on and on. Just eat food! Stay in your budget and don't obsess. Stress will kill you faster than any food will.

yes, we can eat other humans....
  • ChaoticMum
    ChaoticMum Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Carbs are not bad, love of carbs that excludes other foods is bad. I kicked my carb habit in 2012. Bread, pasta, potato and rice because I ate them to the exclusion of other foods. 400 calories of non fat crackers for lunch is not a complete lunch.

So I get my carbs from other foods now. And I feel great!

Exactly that. By cutting out the bread, pasta and rice along with sugars not naturally present in foods I automatically dropped my carbs. Drinking water instead of juice and eating the entire orange or apple was another big change!
  • rachanapandey
    Options
    Check Atkins.com for low carb food list. It is awsome help and you will feel satisfied.i am trying that and already lost 9 lb in last 25 days.
  • weloveourboys
    weloveourboys Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Stir frys are quite good for feeling ful yet avoiding the carbs. Just make sure you're using a low fat oil, only lightly frying, etc.

What's wrong with full fat oil?

There is no such thing as low fat oil. Oil is 100% fat no matter how you cut it. Olive oil is heart healthy.

My diet is 60% carbs. At least.