Need Help ASAP .................

Options
Hi,

I gave up smoking 6 days ago :flowerforyou: and am finding it relativly easy apart from 1 thing I can't stop eating once my daughter goes to bed. I'm back and forth to the kitchen all night long :cry: .

I have done really well with my weight loss I am 2lbs away from my target weight having lost 36lbs. I am really worried I will either put all that weight back on or start smoking again to stop that happening.

Does anyone have any advice having been in this situation themselves.

I was smoking between 10 - 15 per day for about 15yrs.

Thanks in advance
Gemma :heart:

Replies

• RobinsonDawn
    RobinsonDawn Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    There isn't any real way to get rid of that feeling.
    Smoking often is a substitute to eating a meal however when you take the smoking away you will get your appetite back, you'll just have to work around it, plan your meals out for the day and try to exercise as much as you can and keep yourself busy :)
    Good luck, quiting smoking doesn't mean you'll gain your weight back so don't worry just watch what your eating :)
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    substitute smoking with someone else..i used sunflower seeds to help with my oral fixation. the kind you gotta crack yourself. i chewed them a lot when i first quit. it helped me. other than that it is simply will power.
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Sip water (through a straw is especially helpful). Brush your teeth. Exercise! 10 push ups, situps, or squats can get you past that feeling for a little longer. Sometimes a distraction is all you need.

Congrats, and don't give up!
  • kiangel
    kiangel Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Its now a case of breaking the snacking habit , I gave up about 8 years ago .
    Find a low cal snack , pickled onions would work because after eating a few of them othe food would taste funny .

Good luck you are doing great x