Is it realistic?

cgriffin8
cgriffin8 Posts: 18
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I just have a quick question that I would like some opinions on. Is it realistic to lose 60lbs my October 23? And if not, what would be a realistic goal?

Thanks!
~Cait

Replies

• stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    your safest bet would be to aim for 2 lbs a week if you want to lose safely and keep it off for life. 1lb a week as you get closer to your goal.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    :smile: I have been consistently losing 3 pounds a week for the past year. It takes comittment, focus, sacrfice, and consistancy. But the rewards are worth it.
    It cannot be a 'diet' it has to be small, consistant Lifestyle changes, and making LOTS of good choices about food and exercise.
  • I just have a quick question that I would like some opinions on. Is it realistic to lose 60lbs my October 23? And if not, what would be a realistic goal?

Thanks!
    ~Cait

Well that is 2.5 pounds a week, which to me seems a bit much. They say that 2 pounds a week is the most you should lose especially if you want to maintain that weight loss. I would say that 48 pounds by October 23 would be better.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    I just have a quick question that I would like some opinions on. Is it realistic to lose 60lbs my October 23? And if not, what would be a realistic goal?

Thanks!
    ~Cait

Everyone is different, but if it helps any, I can tell you that it took me 8 months to lose 45 pounds.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    I hope so I'm trying for 10 pounds a month also. But I have 124 pounds to go. YIKS!!!!!!!! Good luck and Best lo-cal dishes
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    If you have 60+ to lose, it might be more realistic but if only 60, it might be hard... 2 lbs. per week is said to be safest to lose but those with more weight to lose, will lose faster... so, you could aim, but I would say just work your *kitten* off and don't be discouraged if you don't meet your goal. Focus on inches, body fat % lost, endurance, work out challenges met, etc.
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    If you have 60+ to lose, it might be more realistic but if only 60, it might be hard... 2 lbs. per week is said to be safest to lose but those with more weight to lose, will lose faster... so, you could aim, but I would say just work your *kitten* off and don't be discouraged if you don't meet your goal. Focus on inches, body fat % lost, endurance, work out challenges met, etc.

Agree 100%. If it were me and that was all I had to lose I'd set it a tad lower, just so that you're not discouraged if you don't meet it. Then when you do it will be a greater accomplishment :)
  • flwyland
    flwyland Posts: 142
    You mention that you want to lose the weight by your wedding day. You should be at your wedding weight by the date of your final dress fitting. If you keep losing after that your dress won't fit properly. The biggest thing is to be happy with how you LOOK and FEEL, not with the numbers on the scale. Keep up the good work.
  • weidner
    weidner Posts: 127
    I know we all focus on the number on the scale - I do the same; but what it all boils down to is how YOU look, how YOU feel. I have thus far lost 23 pounds, I would like to lose 45 and I have to tell you, I feel really good only being 23 lbs down, and as you know, you are always more critical of the way you look, but everyone tells me how great I look. So I agree, aim for the sky; but sometimes right before you hit the sky, you are already looking GREAT.

Bottom line don't get discouraged. You have already lost some, you will continue to lose it and you will look better in six months than you do today.
  • weidner
    weidner Posts: 127
    I know we all focus on the number on the scale - I do the same; but what it all boils down to is how YOU look, how YOU feel. I have thus far lost 24 pounds, I would like to lose 45 and I have to tell you, I feel really good only being 24 lbs down, and as you know, you are always more critical of the way you look, but everyone tells me how great I look. So I agree, aim for the sky; but sometimes right before you hit the sky, you are already looking GREAT.

Bottom line don't get discouraged. You have already lost some, you will continue to lose it and you will look better in six months than you do today.
This discussion has been closed.