am i doing enough?

Options
so i'm trying to keep up regular exercise 3-4 times a week and trying to keep to 1900cals daily. i'm running 3miles 2-3 times a week burning an average of 370cals per run then also mixing it up with bike rides of an average of 10miles which also burn an average of 800cals. so with 2 runs and a bike ride burning an average of 1540cals per week, whislt keeping to a 1900cals per day diet would be enough to burn fat and lower my weight?

Replies

• curiousgp
    curiousgp Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I would add in some resistance type exercise - weight lifting or body weight exercises. More muscle equals more fat burn. Great job on the running!
  • sw337y
    sw337y Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    so would you recommend some press ups and sit ups on the days i don't run.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Push-ups are good, I would do planks and variations instead of push-ups, but I'd actually add in some heavy resistance training either with a bar and plates, if you have access, or heavy reeistance bands.
  • sw337y
    Options
    yeah i have a bar and weights and was also considering going to a local gym but didn't wana light the candle at both ends as some would say. can anyone recommend a weight training programme to go off?
  • OfficerMcFly
    Options
    I've been doing this:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

for around 2.5-3 weeks now. I've been increasing reps/length of plank once it gets too easy. I had no muscles to start off with, and had a rough time completing the circuit 1.5 times, now I'm completing 3 times with increased reps.

They have an advanced workout too (linked at the bottom of the page), but I'm too weak for the pull-ups :-/.
  • sw337y
    Options
    thanks alot peeps