Calories in artificial sweeteners

Options
Artificial sweeteners like Splenda and Sweet N Low say on their packages that they have zero calories. I realize that that isn't the case and it's just less than 5 calories per serving. I'm trying to figure out just how many calories are in each because "less than 5" is a bit ambiguous and it bothers me not knowing for sure exactly how many calories I'm consuming. Internet searching has brought up pages upon pages of either "zero calories" (untrue) or "artificial sweeteners will make you sick and you will die" (I don't believe that.)

Anyone have reliable information on actual calorie amounts? Thanks.

Replies

• seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    i used the scanner on the iphone app to scan a splenda box and it came back with 4 calories/packet. i put 5 in my coffee and may use a few more here or there throughout the day so it actually can push me over my limit sometimes, since i try to eat as close to my goal as possible. i track it, but you may not need to. i didn't track it at all when i lost my first 25 lbs; i'm tracking it now since i'm getting down to my final 10 lbs and i want to be very meticulous.