Smoothie............

Options
2»

Replies

• LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, keep the fruit at a minimum.

And why exactly is that?

I've successfully lost a significant amount of weight consuming 3 to 5 fruits a day.

OP: I like to freeze my bananas, blend it with milk and protein powder. It comes out with the consistency of a milkshake.

But, but, bananas are one of the 5 things you must never eat if you want to lose belly fat! I know. I saw it in an advertisement.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    i get the frozen mixed fruit that's made for smoothies (yoplait greek yogurt smoothie?) when it's on sale, or the off-brand at aldi's. i've made too many weird tasting smoothies myself to try again haha
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, keep the fruit at a minimum.

Wrong....fruit is great for you. The sugars are natural. I have lost weight and inches while eating at least 3-6 servings of fruit per day. Most of them in my smoothie. I use
    1 banana
    a bunch of berries (strawberries, blackberries, raspberries)
    orange/ 2 clementines
    kiwi
    Oikos Vanilla non-fat yogurt
    ice

Pretty much, whatever fruit I have in my house goes in. They always turn out amazing. I also add spinach or kale sometimes, but I prefer to just eat a salad and enjoy my smoothies seperately.
  • MissJJ74
    MissJJ74 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    One I've been using that I got out of a magazine. It's filling and gives you extra pep for the day.

1/2 cup almond milk
    1/3 cup uncooked oats or plain oatmeal
    1/2 apple
    1 tablespoon peanut butter.
    Add ice to desired consistency (usually 3 or 4 is fine)

On days I work out I'll add 1 tablespoon chia seeds and 1 scoop of chocolate flavored protein powder to it.
    Ends up tasting like chocolate peanut butter goodness!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Mine are super easy-

Use one premixed EAS AdvantEdge protein shake- 17g protein and only 100-110 cals. Comes in Strawberry, chocolate, or vanilla

Strawberry flavor with one cup of frozen sliced strawberries

Or vanilla flavor with 1 frozen banana. Add a cup of strawberries for extra thick and yummy

vanilla flavor with just about any frozen fruit- peaches are good

I have wanted to try the chocolate with either frozen banana or frozen dark cherries, but haven't tried them yet.

The strawberry with frozen strawberries is my fave. Tastes like frozen yogurt. If want it less tart, add a pkt of Truvia or other sweetner. And only 150 calories for an extra large cup. It is frequently my 'dessert' for the end of the day.
  • swilk763
    swilk763 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have allergies to soy and peanuts. Are there any protein powders/add ins that don't contain these? I have tried whey protein powder, but it gives it a gritty texture. Any suggestions?
  • ICarla
    ICarla Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I just started doing green smoothies so my smoothies are slightly more amateur but seem to be doing the trick:

1.5 cups of water
    1 banana
    1 cup of mixed frozen fruit (No sugar added. Gives it a more frozen smoothie taste) Usually strawberries, pineapple, mango
    2 tablespoons of flax seeds
  • Denise048
    Denise048 Posts: 12
    Options
    Frozen or fresh strawberries and pineapple
    Vanilla or Strawberry Yogurt
    Ice
    Sherbert
  • Barbsunshine
    Options
    My basic breakfast smoothie is this:

Handful of baby spinach
    1 small or 1/2 large carrot
    1 fruit, either a small apple, pear or frozen strawberries
    sometimes some frozen blueberries
    2 big spoonfuls of plain greek yogurt
    honey
    1 spoonful of raw maca powder
    1 spoonful of chia seeds
    handful of old fashioned oats
    In my Nutribullet I fill it to the line with soy milk, or appx 1 cup. I was using Coconut-Almond milk which tastes great, but I found I wasn't getting enough protein in my diet, so I switched over.
    I love the combinations I've been putting together and through trial and error I'm discovering what tastes good! These keep me full until mid-morning when I have a light snack to hold me til dinner.
  • Barbsunshine
    Options
    To ICarla: The only whey protein powder that I've found that I like is Solgar's Whey to Go in the vanilla flavor. When blended in a good blender it's not gritty and has a good flavor.