How to get enough calories?? sounds dumb but serious.

Options
2»

Replies

• misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Your day of logging shows 2 low fat yogurts - switch them for regular yogurt.
    You also have a salad with fat free dressing - also can be switched out or use olive oil and vinegar, whatever.

Get out of the mindset of eating "diet food" and into eatin food.

As others have suggested nuts and nut butters, avocado, eggs. Even cheese. You can choose different cuts of meat as well, salmon instead of white fish.

This right here. Quit eating fat free crap. And eat whole eggs, not just the whites. Peanut butter, cheese, full fat dairy, nuts, avocado, greek yogurt, real ranch dressing or olive oil based dressing, dark chocolate.
  • OMGItsErinPratt
    OMGItsErinPratt Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you!

I recently began my weight loss journey on Feb. 21, 2013 and in the first 3 weeks, I lost 15lbs. Then it just stopped. Losing weight became harder for me for some reason. Like, NOW I'm actually losing fat instead of water/salt. So I joined MFP.

It gave me 1400 calorie a day limit. So the past 3 days I've been tracking my food and I have yet to make it over 1000. I am just not hungry... so why would I need to eat 400 more calories just to meet my limit. I don't understand. :/ And then under my food diary, it says that I'm putting my body in "starvation mode" but I'm not starved! I'm not even hungry. So I feel your pain and hopefully both of us can get some answers. :)
  • BrittanyMG3
    BrittanyMG3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you!

I recently began my weight loss journey on Feb. 21, 2013 and in the first 3 weeks, I lost 15lbs. Then it just stopped. Losing weight became harder for me for some reason. Like, NOW I'm actually losing fat instead of water/salt. So I joined MFP.

It gave me 1400 calorie a day limit. So the past 3 days I've been tracking my food and I have yet to make it over 1000. I am just not hungry... so why would I need to eat 400 more calories just to meet my limit. I don't understand. :/ And then under my food diary, it says that I'm putting my body in "starvation mode" but I'm not starved! I'm not even hungry. So I feel your pain and hopefully both of us can get some answers. :)

I'm glad someone understands and congrats on your weight loss!! I would be lucky just to lose 5lbs in the first 3 weeks! lol

What helped me was preplanning my meals with the calorie tracker on here and doing some math. Dividing my calories by 5 (3 meals 2 snacks) but changed it a little and did a few more calories during a meal and a little less during a snack.

I know i have some water weight that i'm going to drop first but in the last 2 days ive already lost 1lb before i joined this site I weighed myself a week ago and so far i've lost 3lbs and i'm eating more than i was before. my calorie tracker added another 280 something calories it said i needed to eat after I worked out (?) I thought that the point of working out was burning calories, not adding them back on again so im not 100% sure why its doing that but even with my fat free foods I was only origionally 28 calories short of my daily goal so i figured that doesnt matter as much to switch back to regular instead since its working.

Good luck with your weight loss, feel free to add me as a friend if you would like. :) maybe looking at the suggestions above as well as looking at other peoples food diaries might help you get a better idea of what you should try to eat, thats what I did.