Pre logging ahead to plan out day.

Options

Replies

• Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I pre-log Mon-Fri (except friday's dinner) Then I try to stick with it. I'm not always successful at sticking to it, but I rarely add foods, just dont' eat it all.

It works very well for me and helps reduce the morning stress of deciding what's for breakfast and what to pack for lunch. I don't have to think in the morning, cause I already did it last night. I love it.

Weekends are all over the place, so I usually can't pre-log them and stick to it.

I shop sales and try new items all the time, so pre logging father out is unrealistic for me.

I get excited about my dinners sometimes too. LOL. plus it helps me fit my dinner into my plan, as i like to try new and carzy things at times. :~)
  • XRavenhood
    XRavenhood Posts: 102
    Options
    I pre-log as well and try to guess the kind and amount of exercise I will do the following day. I make adjustments as needed afterwards. Works very well for me.
  • tennesseeleigh
    Options
    I generally prelog as well. I just have to remember to go back and adjust if my days goes awry or I end up adding in things I didn't log.
  • lemon712
    lemon712 Posts: 3
    Options
    I absolutely do this! It helps stop me from snacking on sugary foods, and it makes me feel like I have something to look forward to.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    pre-logging is great for me!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this more and more lately. I find that it helps me hit my macros closer to target.

I just make sure to check my quantities when I'm actually dishing out the food, but I would have to do that anyway, so it's all good.
  • nkyjennifer
    nkyjennifer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I usually do - and those are the days I'm not going over my calorie goal. I actually went through my diary last night and planned out the rest of the week. :smile:
  • meljames1911
    Options
    Yep I do this too, just for the current day but I've found it helps keep me on track and I'm not tempted to pop to the vending machine at work when I'm having a bad day
  • smilingirisheyes
    smilingirisheyes Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I do the same. I find it easier to make the decisions all at once.

The only negative can be something that just happened today - a last minute change. I'd planned my day around eating out for lunch, but my friend had to cancel. Not a big deal though, and easier than fguring out macros every time I need to eat.
  • Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I definitely pre-log. It helps me balance out meals into "Zoned" proportions before I start cooking. And when I am in school, I have to plan my meals in advance or I get stuck with on-campus choices. Another plus, I buy from my local Farmers Market, so certain veggies turn quicker (like leafy greens) than other foods. I use pre-logging as a reminder to use more perishable produce first, preventing waste.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I do it when I know what I'm going to have for dinner, for example, so I know what kind of snacks to eat in the meantime. It's very handy. I just usually don't know what I'm going to have for dinner depending at what time hubby gets home and whatnot...

I don't do it for lunch though. I never know when I'm going to be hungry for it, and it can change what I feel like eating too.
  • NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I like to pre-log around lunch time every day. That gives flexibility early in the day on what I eat but also enough time later in the day to adjust and still hit my target macros. When I know I'm going out to dinner, I like to pre-log it so that I can enjoy my favorite restaurant foods and make up for it by adjusting earlier in the day.
  • ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    It's great motivation for grinding out a few more minutes on the cardio machine or few more reps (sets?) if you're craving a particular meal that won't otherwise fit your calorie budget. If you pre-log a meal that's putting you over, then you give 105% at the gym.
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    YES I DO THIS TOO. IT HELPS ME TO FIGURE OUT IF I HAVE SOME SPACE LEFT FOR A LITTLE TEMPTATION LOL
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I have been pre-logging my day to help me stay on track and its been great so far. I don't do it everyday, but i believe this helps me plan out my day and sort of time out my meals to be spread out every few hours. I feel it also helps me get the macros right where i want them. Does anyone else do this? What are some pros and cons? If you've experiment with this, what was your result?

This is the way I've been doing it since the beginning. Pre log my day while I"m in bed lounging and when I get up pack according to my logging like following a recipe. Works easier, meet my macros and it keeps me from falling victim of failing to plan and impulsively grabbing something in a fit of hunger/craving.
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I pre-log a day in advance as it helps me meet my daily nutrition goals.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    I pre log, then its completely changed by the end of the day.
  • Jewles1285
    Jewles1285 Posts: 119
    Options
    I do this as well! And just like you, i dont do it everyday either. Mostly i do it during the week when i already have my weekly meals planned out. BUT it does definately help me keep on track my daily intake! Great idea and keep doing what works for you! :o)
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I log all my food in the mornings, starting with what we will have for supper that night, working backwards to breakfast.

This helps me because A) I commit to actually taking something out for supper and planning sides etc. so I'm not left feeding the family really late or else settling for a less than wonderful alternative meal. B) I tend to eat most of my protein at lunch and supper, so, by prelogging this then I can fill in any gaps missing with the right kind of snacks.

I never really know what I want for breakfast most days, so, seeing everything laid out in front of me in terms of calories left and macros, helps me decide between cold cereal, toast, eggs, etc.

I don't do this on the week-ends...unless I am planning a big supper or we are having a special occasion...and not surprisingly I have a harder time hitting my macros on the week-ends.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I pre-log everyday. Sometimes things change, but hey that's life, can't anticipate everything. For the most part though it has worked very well for me. I am able to see my whole days cals, fat, etc. and make adjustments if need be. It's better than logging as you go and finding out at dinner that you only have 100 cals left!!