Feeling disgusting after clothes shopping!

Options
2»

Replies

• glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    the trick is to look at the mirror, not like you're looking at yourself, but like you're looking at your best mate. if she looked like that in that top, would you think she looked great, would you notice the way it flatters her figure, or would you go looking for faults and flaws?

so, yeah, if you can do it, stop seeing yourself.
  • oskybosky4
    Options
    Yes! its one of my pet gripes - the lighting and mirrors in dressing rooms are horrible and don't do anything to make the experience of trying clothes on pleasant. The communal one are even worse and I would never ever buy clothes from those stores.
    Isn't it just commonsense that if the dressing rooms are attractive with good lighting and good mirrors then it encourages you to try clothes on and buy.
  • yurika975
    yurika975 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I went thrifting with my lil sis. I would love to get down to her size. She wants to love a few pounds and tone up. I tried things on and many wouldn't fit around my bingo arms or close around the cleavage. I love the cleavage lol. However if I could take flab off, there would be so many people around that dressing room and store that I'd hurl that extra flab on! If only it were possible...lol. However it's like a moment of truth. I hated what I looked like and the stuff in my size is just horrid. Uggly paisley and flowers. I came home and did Jillian Michaels 30ds LV 3 + Taebo Advanced Ultimate upper body. Whew! I will be continuing that. My bday is in jan. I figure the best xmas or bday gift I can give myself is a new body!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I always recommend shopping with an HONEST friend - not the ones who say "that's SO cute!!" about everything, even when look ridiculous, but the one who isn't afraid to tell you that something isn't flattering!
  • BonnieFife
    BonnieFife Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yup lol im with you on that, and do you know what doesnt help many shops clothes differ in size even when both labels eg are size 12 (uk) they clearly arent one will fit one wont, i have this problem all the time, and as for mirrors in changing rooms they make you look all sorts of sizes, i take my kids clothes shopping they are the most honest people on the planet :)
  • Revonue
    Revonue Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I've felt that way so many times before. I've been on the verge of tears in dressing rooms before. I hate clothes shopping because of it. I'm hoping that by losing weight and learning to love my body, I'll no longer have that problem.
  • aduck23
    aduck23 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I hate shopping for clothes with a burning passion.
    >Enter store happy.
    >leave nearly crying.
    Clothes shopping. Never again.
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I agree that horrible lighting sucks, but neither do I like (what I call) cheating mirrors! Sometimes I look into a mirror and I KNOW that my legs are not that awesome. Or they've angled the mirror such that my legs look a mile long. Yes, it's a nice rush of fabulous feelings, but I don't want to dupe myself into thinking I've suddenly grown 2" in height when I clearly haven't ;) So I discount the omfg mirror, buy the dress and try it again when I get home to check out a more realistic image :)
  • tweetetina
    Options
    I get frustrated too when clothes don't fit or aren't flattering, but I don't let it ruin my day either. Sometimes I think it's helpful to view yourself from different angles so you can see not only where you'd still like to lose weight or tone up, but you can also see where you've changed and made progress.

I still have about 25 more pounds I'd like to lose, but already I've noticed positive changes too. So even though some clothes don't fit the way I'd like, some are fitting me better and better as I lose and work out.
  • Mirrandakerr5
    Options
    Me too specially now it's summer in the Philippines, My friends and I plan to go to the beach but before that we plan to shop our swim wear together and most of my friends are wearing cute bikini while I have to wear a rush guard because I hate my body :cry:
  • lorichri
    lorichri Posts: 8
    Options
    I know how you feel last time i went bra shopping and the EVIL store mirror ruin my shopping experience. i cried and had an mental talk with that mirror. because of that i didn't buy anything. i have chosen to lose weight before i buy anything ever again.